Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, is a company that's on the rise. We're expanding in multiple directions, across borders and, most of all, in the way we think. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about transforming the health care industry. Ready to make a difference? Make yourself at home with us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
Positions in this function deliver professional level technical work in support of the development of company products, tools,
Platforms and services related to BI, typically for an external customer or end user.
Operates within established methodologies, procedures, and guidelines.
Ability to work independently as well as guide team members in a fast paced agile environment.
- Manage the solutions team, Optum subject matter experts, technical architects, etc. to ensure proposed AMS/ITO solution meets or exceeds client requirements and are cost competitive to the marketplace.
- Client relationship building and solution presentation through the multi-phases of the sales cycle
- Manage client expectations in solution development, focus on outcomes and service levels
- Participate in contract negotiations and maintain contract schedules
- Develop the staffing approach including a global sourcing strategy, delivery model to mitigate risk and drive quality
- Manage the solution estimates including program management, new development efforts, enhancements, and ongoing operations
- Engage with 3rd party hardware, software and services vendors
- Collaborate with Optum subject matter experts and industry research and advisory firms to understand industry direction, competitive landscape, business trends, and emerging solutions
- Coordinate the solution, opportunity roadmap, value proposition, win plan, pricing, and executive deal reviews throughout the pursuit timeline
- Identify a client's business needs and provide thought leadership to the client, Optum teams to understand, define, and deliver effective and innovative solutions that address the client's business initiatives.
- Collaborate with Solution Sales Leads, Consulting Leads, Delivery Leads, Optum's cross brand point solutions and offerings,and 3rd party software and hardware vendors as needed to support business opportunities and solutioning for commercial clients
- Provide oversight to all Optum pursuit solutioning teams actively working on engagements
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum 8 years' experience working with HealthcarePayer Administration solutions
- Minimum 8 years' experience working with IT Outsourcing (ITO) functions leveraging a global sourcing model in either a consulting, account management, implementation or similar Client interacting role
- ITO experience in the Health Claim Administration Payer market
- Deep knowledge and understanding of US Healthcare Claim Administration Payer market and its business operations
- Client-facing solution, healthcare delivery experience, and expertise
- Strategic vision to clearly understand and identify new opportunities to expand on existing relationships
- Advanced communication skills (written and verbal) to interact with clients on all aspects of their Optum relationship
- Experience in solutioning and managing complex programs that expand over multiple years
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)