Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC), a global leader in cybersecurity, operates one of the world’s largest cyber intelligence networks allowing organizations, governments, and people to secure their most important data wherever it lives. Enterprises across the world rely on Symantec for integrated cyber defense against sophisticated attacks across endpoints, infrastructure, and cloud. More than 50 million people and families rely on Symantec’s Norton and LifeLock Digital Safety Platform to help protect their personal information, devices, home networks, and identities at home and across their devices.
The world's advanced, best integrated, cloud-delivered or on-premises endpoint protection runs on a single agent and is handled from a single console. Defeat ransomware and unknown attacks with multilayered protection that combines signature-less and other critical endpoint technologies. Get to full value faster with artificial intelligence (AI)-guided security management that quickly updates policies and enhances your endpoint security posture.
• Understand and analyse test automation requirements Build on top of existing test automation framework and develop new framework as necessary Automate test cases for validating implemented functionality Mentor junior team members on test automation Execute test automation suite, analyze and report the outcome
• Develop automation test cases for complex modules by using Java, Selenium
• Work with development team in understanding & fixing the component’s implementation.
• Mentor the team and help them solve an issue like crashes, memory leaks within the code.
• Design the module test framework and review code written by the QA team.
• Develop Comprehensive Test strategy for component/Feature/release, enlisting all possible use cases and scenarios
• Run static & dynamic code analysis and code coverage tools and analyse results.
• Able to prepare QA status reports, understand and help to build meaningful QA metrics.
• Anticipates and identifies problems then provides alternative solutions to successful end result.
• Reviews the design and code of others and takes necessary corrective actions if needed
• Sound knowledge of automation, and test methodologies used for testing large-scale enterprise products
• Proficiency in Windows, Linux environment.
• Hands-on with any programming language – Java preferable
• Hands-on with Automation framework is added advantage
• Experience testing against REST interfaces, Web API / Services.
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Masters preferred (BE/ME/MCA)
• Experience: 6+ years of work experience in the job offered or related position
Symantec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. Symantec strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds.