Maersk is a $30bn organisation with 100,000 people that move 20% of the world's trade, and the largest shipping and logistics company in the world. We are in the process of strengthening its development services organisation with a focus on driving predictability, reduced cost of ownership across and lowering time to value of delivery.
We are offering you a unique opportunity to help shape that journey and the future organization. As a part of this process, you will have a unique opportunity to participate in a global IT transformation program that will set the direction of the future business model for this large global organization.
We are looking for people to work on large development projects with complex IT solutions and who want to work on a major, business critical application that has a large number of users. We are looking for people to be self-motivated and have the capability to support the Digital transformation of Maersk. We need developers with a varied range of experience, who understand and can speak to all aspects of the software development life cycle and have experience with IT back-end systems providing high performance and high availability.
We offer an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and challenging yet fun work environment.
There will be the possibility of continuous professional and personal development and for gaining a professional and social network. We offer a fast paced, challenging and truly international atmosphere with activities spread around the globe in Copenhagen, London, Charlotte, Philippines and India. The environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, results, and respect for our employees. You will be part of a highly-engaged team responsible for changes to several core business critical applications, including our online booking platform.
We are moving to work in an agile/kanban environment, and participate in daily scrum meetings. Your colleagues will be a range of developers, business and technical analysts, testers and managers, primarily located in Copenhagen, but also India and Maidenhead.
Your will work out of the Bangalore office or remotely, and the job (depending on the role) will require travel of 10 - 12 weeks/year to Maidenhead and India mainly.
As the Lead Developer you will work closely with the project team on the following key tasks:
- Implement or delegate technical execution or responsibilities when appropriate.
- Analysis of requirements to design best possible solution
- Develop or ensure code is at high standard and specification in accordance with current framework
- Assist as required in scope definition, technical viability scoping and best practice solution design to meet the requirements
- Assist in and where appropriate review, the estimation, time and cost of a specific solution design
- Write, deliver code and participate in code walkthroughs according to the requirements of the functional specifications
- Work in a BDD approach
- Ensuring code is built with significant unit test coverage and robust to fail
- Where appropriate, provide guidance to the Domain Development Manager in the development of solutions
- Highlight all risks and issues that affect the development or deliveries
- Directing technical aspect of operations related to escalated client accounts or high severity issues as they affect or confront the project or team.
- Attending to both business and technical considerations when designing solutions
- Demonstrating interest in improving the company's technical awareness, depth and use of technology across the business.
- Collaborating in the evolution of company level best practices, standards, and policies as it related to software development.
- Ability to communicate with business and stakeholders on all levels
We are looking for
- A minimum of 5+ years' experience as a software developer
- Experience with working on large scale global teams
- Very Strong Java skills
- Experience with highly available mission critical software applications
- Experience with Event or Service based systems
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business requirements
- Significant Experience of modern technologies e.g. REST API, kafka, kubernetes, microservices
- Convey understanding of key design concepts and frameworks
- Experience in working with CI/CD related solutions with a high degree of automation
- Ability to partner with software engineers and testers to identify courses of resolutions
- Experience with agile software development methodologies
- Strong methods mindset and experience with development methods and processes
- Strong Experience in working with global colleagues and managing offshore and vendor resources
- Very strong communication and collaboration skills
- Structured and ambitious, with a highly analytical mind-set and excellent problem solving skills
- Collaborative, with strong facilitation and people skills / personal impact
- Highly motivated and work well under pressure
- Innovative, with the ability to think outside the box
- Work with others to understand the present and evolve to future
- Fact based and result oriented
- Diplomatic, with the ability to act in an often complex business environment
- Ability to travel on a short term basis
- Excellent verbal and written communication is a must