About the Job
Akamai’s Media Streaming team is looking for an experienced, self-motivated, highly productive software engineer who will be testing and verifying the core features of the media streaming distributed servers within the Akamai Cloud.
About the Team
The candidate will be part of the highly skilled Media Streaming engineering team that's responsible for developing and testing the streaming components of Akamai's world-wide network, one of the largest distributed systems in the world. This team uses agile development to build and test state-of-the-art HD media streaming services for both Live and On-demand video, and develops and maintains automated testing of it’s features. Our software integrates and supports industry leading streaming technologies and provides a video streaming platform for the world’s leading content providers.
• Collaborate with cross functional teams, developers.
• Involve in design discussions , manually test and automate test cases on the fly.
• Develop test cases based on feature design requirements and code changes.
• Work on an Agile team collaborating closely with Development
• Design and develop object oriented automation frameworks
• Automate test cases using Python or similar object oriented scripting language.
• Bring industry best practices into the team and our projects
• Provide strategic vision for automation and testing
• Investigate and analyze root causes of technical issues and document found software defects.
• Verify and validate the media streaming components using white-box, black-box, and
performance testing techniques.
• Manage test lab environment and apply networking expertise.
• Produce testing time estimates for assigned features.
• Track and report testing status.
• Understanding of testing methodologies: white box, black box, functional, automated,
• 5+ years as a QA engineer working with server and network related technologies
• 3+ years working in automated test environments
• 3+ years programming/scripting in at least one object oriented language (Python, C++, Java,
• 5+ years of hands-on experience working in Linux.
• 3+ years working with networking concepts and web technologies such as HTTP, DNS, TCP/IP.
• 3+ years working with Agile methodologies on one or more projects.
• Hands-on-experience in open source Performance testing tools preferably vegata/JMeter/http
load testing tools.