WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH:
You’ll work with our Marketing & Sales practice in our Gurgaon office. As a part of this practice, you’ll focus on developing marketing and sales strategies for leading companies of all major industries, including consumer goods, financial services, retail, telecommunications, and logistics. Our clients benefit from our experience in core areas of marketing such as branding, customer insights, marketing ROI, digital marketing, CLM pricing, and sales and channel management.
In this role, you'll primarily be aligned with Periscope team.
Founded in 2007, Periscope™ by McKinsey enables better commercial decisions by uncovering actionable insights. The Periscope platform combines world-leading intellectual property, prescriptive analytics, and cloud-based tools to enable 25 solutions which focus on insights and marketing, expert support and training. It is a unique combination that drives revenue growth both now and in the future. Customer experience, performance, pricing, category, and sales optimization are powered by the Periscope platform. Periscope has a presence in 26 locations across 16 countries with a team of 350+ IT and business professionals and a network of 300+ experts. To learn more about how Periscope’s solutions and experts are helping businesses continually drive better performance, visit http://www.periscope-solutions.com/.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
You will work with the data services team to perform data transformations, modeling and validation activities, as well configure applications to client context.
In this role you will determine database structural requirements by analyzing client operations, applications, and programming; reviewing objectives with clients and evaluating current systems.
As a Senior Data Analyst, you will develop complex algorithms in SQL, based on discussions with client and Service Delivery team, develop scripts to validate, transform and load raw data using programming languages such as Python, Perl or Shell. You will conduct data assessment, perform data quality checks and transform data using SQL and ETL tools.
You will also design and drive the work plan for the optimization/automation and standardization of the processes incorporating best practices to achieve efficiency gains.
Given the pace of this role, you will develop cross-site relationships to enhance idea generation, manage stakeholders/ partner expectations, coach and mentor new hires / junior analysts by sharing expertise and collaborating with the team to support ongoing business processes by delivering high-quality end products on time and performing quality checks wherever required.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree; Master's degree is a plus
- 6+ years of professional work experience with a reputed analytics firm
- Depicts strong knowledge and experience in handling large amount of data through SQL, T-SQL or P-SQL; in addition to experience in scripting languages such as Python, Perl or Shell
- Understanding of data warehousing & data lake concepts with coding abilities in the field of data manipulation and ETL
- Understanding and related experience in integration of data from multiple data sources and automation of data processes
- Working knowledge of cloud architecture including Amazon Web Services (AWS) is desirable
- Someone who has positively impacted client services and his/her community
- Thoughtful and comfortable communicator (in person or on paper), to facilitate discussions and conduct training
- Intellectually curious and enjoys problem-solving, requirement gathering, and adaptive to lead with example
- Ability to thrive in a flexible and collaborative environment
- Track record of completing projects successfully on time, within budget and as per scope