Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
In Syngenta, we recognize that diversity and inclusion is important to our business, we embrace the unique perspective and capabilities of our employees, which will help us continue to drive innovation and achieve our business goals. Our culture enables us to create an environment of involvement, respect and connection with the communities where we operate - benefitting individual employees and the company.
Essential Knowledge & Experience:
- Overall 10+ years of IT experience, with minimum 7 years as professional Data Architect, atleast 5+ experience in overall Data architecture / Technical architecture experience in the Data Domian.
- As the Data Architect you will have the opportunity to shape and build out the Syngenta Smart Data Mart.
- You will define and maintain data architecture principles and guidelines, build data models, work alongside the development team to implement the data models in the AWS Redshift Data Mart.
- For this global role you will work cross functional throughout the organisation to ensure that the data mart model is scalable, sustainable and performance in providing data for reporting and analytics teams.
- In addition to a good data modelling background you will bring with you technology know how in the data warehouse and data transformation area. Knowledge of the AWS stack will be a plus.
- You are expected to know basic data modelling techniques (STAR schemas, conformed dimension data models, etc…).
- Knowledge of Erwin and of the ELT / ETL stack in AWS is a plus (S3, Redshift, Lambda, Glue)
- Excellent communication, presentation and stakeholder management skills.
Qualifications & Certifications:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent in related field or equivalent experience.