About Syngenta :
Syngenta is one of the world’s leading agriculture companies. Our ambition is to help safely feed the world while taking care of the planet. We aim to improve the sustainability, quality and safety of agriculture with world class science and innovative crop solutions. Our technologies enable millions of farmers around the world to make better use of limited agricultural resources. With 28,000 people in more than 90 countries we are working to transform how crops are grown. Through partnerships, collaboration and The Good Growth Plan we are committed to improving farm productivity, rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
About this Job:
Purpose & Accountability:
• Typically provides scientific, technical, specialist/subject matter or product expertise
• Independent action to deliver short term goals
• Responsible for fundamental changes of processes to eliminate inefficiencies and improve effectiveness and quality
• Ensures optimal resource and cost allocation within team (without budget responsibility)
• Generally requires broad understanding of the activities across Syngenta
Responsibilities and requirements:
• May manage projects or supervise individuals
• Requires knowledge and understanding within own discipline/work area (often entails mastery of scientific theories) and relevant legislation
• Requires formal qualification/vocational training and experience in own area of expertise
• Often develops or improves known methods, products, procedures and systems
• Often analyses, solves and communicates problems through selection of appropriate existing solution
• Sometimes evaluates new ideas and possibilities
• Builds relationships with key contacts within own network, internally and occasionally externally
• Ability to collaborate efficiently with staff at all levels within Syngenta
Essential Knowledge & Experience:
- Critical Knowledge: Technical knowledge for handling customers and creating success stories, Commercial skills for Customer Accounts Receivable Management.
- Critical Skills: Team player, communication skills, customer handling skills.
RITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS AND KEY CHALLENGES – list below the main job contributions, i.e. the key tasks of the job
• May have some supervisory responsibility for non-professionals but mainly guides and acts as a resource for colleagues (professionals) with less experience
• Sometimes formally train junior staff
• Delivers results in stable businesses
• Typically works with minimal guidance
• Requires knowledge and expertise in own discipline, still acquiring higher level knowledge and skills
• Generally contributes to product, process or service improvements
• Applies acquired expertise to analyse and solve straightforward problems using existing solutions
• Typically receives a moderate level of guidance and direction
• May have first responsibility for management / delivery of components of projects with little cross-functional content
Education / Qualifications:
BE / B Tech Computers / Bachelor/Master in Computer Science/IT
Strong algorithm design, logical and reasoning skills
Ability to deliver POCs, MVPs, Experiments, technology evaluations following design thinking practices.
Team spirit and strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders.