As a SSE/Tech lead your primary responsibility will be to participate in the creation of new products and enhancements to existing products from concept to launch as part of a cross functional team. In this role you will utilize your experience to provide Software solutions which involves System understanding of the Product. You will also be required to work with various interfaces to ensure the completeness of the solution.
• Execute the design, analysis, or evaluation of assigned projects using sound engineering principles and adhering to business standards, practices, procedures, and product / program requirements
• Design & code a variety of complex software features with adequate documentation
• Write automation for new/existing features.
• Customer Support & troubleshoot/fix a variety of difficult software problems.
• Proactively communicate on development status & delays in agreed upon timelines
• Interface with global teams for requirements analysis and schedule.
• Interface with external customers regarding software issues.
• Be willing to travel to onsite locations for Short Term Assignments like Feature Integrations & Version Installations.
Qualification and Requirements
• Bachelor's Degree / master’s degree in engineering with Computer Science/Electronics/Electrical background and 5-12 years of experience
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in software development with exposure to maintenance, continuous integration & releases
• Minimum of 3 years experience in core product software development
• Strong Object Oriented Design & Programming Experience
• Professional experience of Core Java Technologies (Design Pattern/Multi-threading/Data Structures/Algorithm)
• Exposure to Agile methodologies and tool chain (like JIRA)
• Has knowledge of best practices and how own area integrates with others
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.