Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC), a global leader in cybersecurity, operates one of the world’s largest cyber intelligence networks allowing organizations, governments, and people to secure their most important data wherever it lives. Enterprises across the world rely on Symantec for integrated cyber defense against sophisticated attacks across endpoints, infrastructure, and cloud. More than 50 million people and families rely on Symantec’s Norton and LifeLock Digital Safety Platform to help protect their personal information, devices, home networks, and identities at home and across their devices.
About Gateway Security:
Identify targeted attacks and protect email against threats, user error, and data leakage.With multilayered protection that stops hijackers in real time by neutering their attacks.
• Work with minimal supervision on analysis tasks and with little or no supervision on engineering tasks.
• Design, develop, maintain and implement software modules in a given product.
• Follow the defined software development processes and contribute to code reviews.
• Collaborate within the team and across groups in writing functional and design specifications, development schedules and user interface specifications.
• Communicate clearly and effectively within team as well as with other stake holders Docs, Support ,Devops , Production engineering , product management , Program management
• Identify and suggest solutions to problems of moderate scope.
• Exercise judgment within generally defined practices and policies to select methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
• Designs, develops, maintains and implements software modules independently by following practices like code reviews, unit tests etc.
• Contribte on highly technical assignments and solve complex problems using knowledge, creativity, and company practices
• Communicates clearly and effectively within team as well as with other teams and groups like Support.
We are looking for skilled individuals with the below set of skills and experience.
• Bachelors/ Masters or higher degree preferably in Computer Science.
• 5 to 8 years software product development experience.
• Languages: Should be excellent at C++, Windows/Unix Platform, Perl, Python
• Should have experience in Ansible and Monitoring platforms like Graphana, Logstash, ElasticSearch, PostGres, Influx DB
• AWS certification is nice to have
• Deep understanding of Object Oriented Programming and multithreading
• Excellent problem solving and debugging skills
• Strong programming and computer science skills, analytical skills.
Experience in module design for Enterprise class product. Hands on with programming, debugging, technologies, and software design and development tools
• Development experience in Microsoft SQL Server, RDBMS is required
• Domain experience with Email security, Cyber security would be an added advantage.
• Expertise in low level designing, OOPs, multithreading, IPC and data structures.
• Strong problem-solving ability, fixing and debugging skills
• Strong communication &listening skills
• Prior experience in working with cross geographical teams and of Agile methodologies (Scrum, SAFe) will be preferred.
Symantec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. Symantec strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds.