Paysafe delivers a full suite of payments solutions. From card issuing to acquiring; from payment gateways to merchant accounts; from fraud and risk to compliance; from digital wallets and mobile to invoicing - we process millions of transactions worldwide and we value our relationships at every point in the process.
Paysafe is a global company with a dynamic environment operating in multiple countries including the UK, Bulgaria, Austria, India, Canada and the US.
Paysafe is currently seeking a Manager-Development who is highly motivated, flexible and experienced in IT development projects. The role requires a person comfortable working within a globally disbursed stakeholder environment, engaging with different areas of the business ranging from product, technology, infrastructure, operations, finance, sales teams, etc. We are seeking someone who has strong technical, project and people skills with a can-do attitude and a focus on delivering high quality software.
- Must be technically credible to lead teams of world-class software engineers and technical program managers. Must be able to make the right design decisions related to product features and technology choices.
- Deep understanding of overall systems development life cycle including various methodologies (agile, waterfall, iterative)
- Experienced in developing the long-term strategy for the settlement platforms and translate that into an achievable roadmap
- Experienced in building and managing teams that design and deliver scalable and extensible distributed systems to address complex business challenges.
- Understands how to scope and justify resources and budget needs to senior leaders and finance partners
- Consistent focus on operational excellence and security of systems.
- Experience with open source technologies, object-oriented design, and agile development methodologies
- Proven track record of hiring and managing high performing engineering teams
- Breadth and depth of experience building and managing software systems and teams
- Strong technical credentials, with expertise in OOP, Java or C++
- 5-10 years of experience in Software Development Engineer and 4-5 years as a Software Development Manager
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to executives and non-technical leaders
- Willingness to roll up your sleeves and do what's necessary to drive your projects to completion
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related degree
- Strong leadership and organizational skills with excellent communication (written and verbal), time management, project planning, people and team building skills
- Conflict resolution to understand various obstacles and apply negotiation skills to find optimal solutions
- Familiar working in a Matrix organization working with scrum teams, executive management, IT, etc.
- Working knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Ability to identify, track and manage risk
- Experience in developing and executing plans, meeting deadlines and operating under tight time constraints
- Ability to apply advanced principles, theories, and concepts, and contribute to the development of innovative principles and ideas
Additional Skill set:
- Outstanding communication skills and ability to bridge gaps with high-level stakeholders
- Experience with Confluence, JIRA and JIRA Agile
- Working knowledge of IT systems, Information Security, and applications.
- Experience working with distributed teams across different locations and time zones in a culturally diverse environment