WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH:
- You will be based out of Gurgaon, India and will be part of Technology & Digital function.
- You will be a core member of the global Software Engineering team within the Technology & Digital function which is distributed across New York, Waltham, Prague, New Delhi. You will work closely with the Global Software Engineering team that is responsible in providing software engineering skills for all our internal product development. The goal is to develop tools that power the next generation management consulting as they work with clients around the globe.
- Our development teams are small, flexible and employ agile methodologies to quickly provide our consultants with the solutions they need. We combine the latest open source technologies together with traditional Enterprise software products.
WHAT YOU'LL DO:
- In this role you will regularly contribute to open source projects, technical communities, interest groups or speak at public forums about technical ideas. You will provide thought leadership to the senior leaders for the direction of the overall product portfolio and how to manage and evolve our architectures. You will work with multiple teams to provide technical guidance and oversight. You are passionate about secure coding practices, code quality and good engineering practices such as Test-Driven Development, simple code, automated testing and deployments, continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Bachelor's/Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent subject
- 8+ years of IT experience with 7+ years of hands-on experience in large-scale application/system/platform/integration architectures
- Experience working in engineering practices such as pair programming, continuous integration, test driven development and incremental design
- Experience using testing frameworks such JUnit or Selenium on a daily basis and writing code without tests
- Knowledge on IT Application architecture, Design methodologies across multiple platforms
- Experience with code refactoring, design patterns, design driven development, continuous integration, building highly scalable applications, application security
- Understanding of Single sign on, LDAP, Enterprise Search, Cognitive services and Natural Language processing a plus
- Experience with Microservice based architecture and containerization technologies such as docker and Kubernetes
- Experience with Cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, Google Cloud and Heroku
- Understanding of data modeling, PL/SQL and NoSQL
- Experience with build tools such as Jenkins, Gradle, Maven
- Understanding of non-functional areas like performance, scalability studies, human interaction, software ergonomics and security
- Advanced understanding of algorithms, data structures, performance optimization strategies and best practices
- Knowledge of agile software development process
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills paired with the ability to develop creative and efficient solutions