As an Analytics Analyst, you will work with the Insights & Analytics group and consulting teams at
McKinsey helping solve analytically complex client problems in the marketing domain, applying and
administrating analytical/modeling tools and techniques and drawing insights through statistical
techniques and predictive modeling.The primary role of the Analyst would be client service with
additional responsibilities in knowledge development.
The key activities of the Analytics Analyst include:
- Perform general statistical analysis and modeling in client engagements for marketing efforts.
- Develop statistical models to measure and optimize pricing and promotions
- Provide guidance to teams on analytics projects related to technique/modeling related issues
- Support development and maintenance of proprietary McKinsey marketing techniques and
other knowledge development projects
- Coach and mentor new hires by sharing Business, Functional and Technical expertise
- Deliver high quality end products on time and perform quality checks wherever required
Desired Skills & Mindset :
We are looking for candidates who have demonstrated both a strong business sense and deep
understanding of the quantitative foundations of modeling.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, including the ability to disaggregate issues, identify
root causes and recommend solutions
- Adept in forecasting, regression analysis and segmentation work
- Understanding of Modeling techniques and specifically logistic regression, linear regression, cluster
analysis, CHAID, etc.
- Statistical programming software experience in R and comfortable working with large data sets.
Python, SAS & SQL are also preferred
- Excellent time management skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills; understanding of both written and spoken English
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to act autonomously, bringing structure and organization to work
- Creative and action-oriented mindset
- Ability to interact in a fluid, demanding and unstructured environment where priorities evolve
constantly, and methodologies are regularly challenged
- Ability to work under pressure and deliver on tight deadlines.
Education & Previous Experience Required :
- 2+ years of professional work experience with a reputed analytics firm in the field of business
intelligence and/or Advanced Analytics
- Graduate/Post-graduate degree in: Statistics/Economics/Econometrics/Computer
Science/Engineering/Mathematics/MBA (with a strong quantitative background)
- Industry experience in Consumer Goods/Telecom/Retail a plus
- Ability to handle data in large volumes (data manipulation, data cleansing and matching) through
tools like R, SAS, SQL, Excel VBA