1. Purpose of Position:
The Sr. Hydraulics Engineer will be responsible for Design & development of pump/metering/Motor components and other auxiliary parts which are part of a larger hydraulic system
2. Key Responsibilities:
- Generate solutions to a given requirement by creative thinking
- Analytically design / develop / evaluate hydraulic components like Pumps, Meters and System Design typically to transfer / dispense liquids & gases such as CNG, LNG, and LPG etc.
- Develop detailed solid models and drawings for solutions using Pro/ENGINEER (Creo 2) considering Design for Assembly and Design for Manufacturing
- Select and specify materials to satisfy design intent while minimizing costs.
- Conduct Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing to control hydraulic performance and accuracy
- Communicates design approach and tradeoff analysis
- Prepare & build for Prototype concepts / samples
- Generate, coordinate, & follow test plans to prove out design feasibility and reliability.
- Coordinate Quality Controls and Measurements
- Perform Engg. Change management activities.
- Reports to: Lead Engineer or Senior Manager - Hydraulics
- Key Relationships: Engineering Project Managers, Design Engineers, Supply Chain team, Mfg. / Ops team
4. Education & Experience:
- Graduation/Diploma: Degree in Mechanical Engineering (B.E. /B. Tech./B.S.) - 1st class throughout
- Post-Graduation: Preferred
- Other preferred courses/Degree: MS Preferred
- Total Experience in years: 6 - 8 years of experience in core Hydraulic domain
5. Background and Skills:
Domain (Preferred Industry) - Core Hydraulics
- Experience with designing for hydraulic components & systems.
- Experience in designing hydraulic components for manufacturing.
- Experience in dissecting hydraulic systems to predict performance and reliability over time.
- Preferably comes from a solution-based background vs. only analytical.
- Outstanding skills in working with multiple cultures, disciplines and to quickly, clearly drive action
- 3-D Modeling, 3-D Surfacing, Drawings
- Proficient in Pro/ENGINEER (Creo 2)
- Simulation knowhow MUST.Flair for Computational Fluid Dynamics
- Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T)
- Ability to understand BOM structures and the impact of a change to documentation
- Familiar with ERP software (preferred SAP)
- Design for Die Casting and Machining, Injection Molding
- Knowledge on Data acquisition tools and Data Analytics
Must Have (Max 4):
Candidate to have experience in
- Design of PD Pumps, meters, Motor & filtration system
- Extensive experience in design & development of sub parts of PD Pumps, meters, Motor & filtration
- Prototype build and prototype or life testing of PD Pumps, meters, Motor & filtration (Selection of Pumps / Meters / motor etc. will not be considered as valid experience)
- Expert level proficiency in 3-D Modeling, 3-D Surfacing, Drawings with Pro/ENGINEER (Creo 2) or equivalent
- Understanding of Structural FEA
- Conduct Design calculation / Stack up - Tolerance Analysis with GD & T norms
- Expertise in Material selection
- Conduct FMEAs / Create - Drive Field Trial & Validation plan
- Cost estimation & Feasibility studies
- Excellent communication skills - verbal & written
- Worked in Global Environment
- Demonstrated collaborative work with Prod Mgmt. / Suppliers / Mfg. Engg. / Ops team
Good to have/Preferred (Max 4):
- Experience of working on systems used to dispense liquids & gases such as CNG, LNG, LPG
- Experience in Product Life Cycle Mgmt.
- Flair for Computational Fluid Dynamics and system characterization - modelling
- Reliability domain knowledge with certification
- Exposure to Quality Control n Inspection techniques
- Being Technical Lead Role for programs on consistent basis
- Program execution experience for 1 /2 years