Finance and Accounting Process works on accounting processes from regions including America, Europe, Africa and Asia. The team has an active participation in the corporate drive for process standardization and enhancements, which has resulted in higher efficiencies, uniformity of accounting practices and quality & consistent management reporting
As an employee with Maersk GSC you will be part of a working environment as diverse as the APMM group. Maersk strongly encourages continuous learning at work and sharing of best practices by rewarding innovations. We aren’t all about work, we believe in a holistic development of our employees and so regularly organize recreational activities giving our employees a chance to unwind and showcase their creative side. As an organization we strongly believe in a people-centric approach with emphasis on employee engagement and work-life balance.
1) Own cost validation process for the selected region. Exhibit through understanding of cost validation for different cost types.
2) Provide clear analytics on the triggers for validating the cost.
Participate and provide inputs in setting up robust solutions.
3) Active participation and collaboration with interdependent teams on cost related items.Exhibit a mind-set of cost reduction & optimization.
4) Ability to collaborate with operations, commercial & procurement .Flag cost variance/over run, drive disputes resolution.Eye for automated solutions for the future of cost control.
5) Identify data source for validating cost .User acceptance testing for newly products.Develop Cost prediction model based on key cost drivers.Risk assessment on cost validation – develop mitigation plan and Roll out process & technical changes.
6) Ensure solutions are well understood by the team and are executed.Own and drive cost transparency, audit and analysis.
We are looking for:
1) Degree in Accounting/Audit/Finance, with good understanding of accounting principles. 5 to 7 years of prior experience in Finance. Accounts payable experience is preferred but not mandatory.
2) Analytically minded with strong root causing & problem-solving skills.Microsoft office (excel is a must).SAP experience is mandatory.
3) Fluent in English (both written and spoken).Good communication skills, clear, direct and focused communication at multiple organization levels.
4) In-depth knowledge of operations and how it impacts cost.