This is a position for ETL Developer position having 2.5 to 4.0 years of experience in Informatica designer/developer role
- Working with the Subject Matter Experts and Business Analysts to implement features in the scope of the project and other project deliverables
- Design, Development, Testing and Support of Informatica based ETL Applications, using existing and emerging technology platforms
- The person will be exposed to a variety of assignments, responding to service requests, problem solving, maintaining stability, performing technical implementations,
- Partner with SME's, Developers and other stakeholders
- Participation in the analysis, design and development phases for SQL database modifications, ETL interfaces with existing or new application systems, Crystal Report, MS Access, MS Excel, etc
- Coordinate delivery of the assigned tasks with the onshore Tech Lead or/and Business Analyst
- Maintenance , monitoring & reporting of the systems involved in the support portfolio.
- Apply analysis skills to understand and assess the impact of technical changes within the environment
- Ensure timely notification and escalation of possible issues/problems, options and recommendations for prompt resolution
- Follow development standards to ensure that code is clear, efficient, logical and easily maintainable.
- Collaborate with central teams (architects, designers, server management, business to business, etc.) to deliver technical solutions that meet business needs
- Create and maintain application documentation.
- Provide suggestions and alternatives for system improvements.
- Ensure SLF Information Security Policies and General Computing Controliscompiled to in all situations.
- Take complete ownership of work assignments and ensure the successful completion of assigned tasks.
- Ensure all written and verbal communication is clear, understandable and audience appropriate.
- A degree in Computer Science, related technology degree, or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 2.5 to 4 years of overall IT experience on the Informatica-powercenter tool
- Strong knowledge of relational database (Microsoft SQL Server) and stored procedures
- Development and support
Excellent problem solving skills with the ability to analyze situations/problems systematically and deliver effective right-sized solutions in a timely manner.
Proven analysis and development skills on distributed platforms.
Experience with integrating vendor packages into an established production environment operating on various technologies and platforms
Design, Develop, Test and Implement the changes following the Software Development Life Cycle methodologies and quality concepts.
- Technical Skills
Strong knowledge on ETL (extract, transform, and load) tools - Informatica PowerCenter
Strong knowledge of relational database (Microsoft SQL Server) and stored procedures.
Strong understanding of distributed applications architecture
Strong understanding of MS Windows Server operating system
Good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle methodology
- Communication & Collaboration
Ability to communicate effectively in the multi-site environment.
Ability to work independently as well as being a strong team player
Good organizational skills with the ability to handle several tasks efficiently.
- Technical Skills
Experience with Reporting tools: SSRS, Crystal Reports
Experience with source code management tools such as Serena Dimensions.
- Functional skills
Knowledge of Actuarial applications and operations
- Collaborates effectively
Drives collaboration among team members in his/ her function
Presenting a supportive, united front when appropriate.
- Communicates Confidently
Communicates crisply and candidly
Communicates effectively across audiences (reporting managers, peers, business partners)
Balances talking and listening to foster candid dialogue
- Focuses on the Customer
Raises concerns and recommends potential solutions for those processes that negatively impact the customer service experience or the fair treatment of customers
Helps employees understand the impact of their work on the customer/ client
Organizes own work to meet agreed upon deadlines
Focuses on surfacing underlying customer issues / concerns and identifying root causes
- Takes Accountability
Takes steps to understand decision making processes and procedures - uses this understanding in developing work plans
Escalating issues or redirecting enquiries in a timely and efficient fashion.
Following up with customers when we say we will and delivering on our commitments
Works under general supervision on day to day matters.
- Understands our Business
Enhances understanding about the business of SLF (e.g. products and services, org structure, key competitors)
Understands how his/her role relates to the Business Unit/ Function's objectives