The Country Cluster IT Transformation project transfers the management of ML IT activities away from the Country Clusters to central ML IT management. To ensure regional business areas have strong focused IT management and representation, a lean, empowered Account Management team has been created based in each of the regions.
When you join Maersk, you'll find that the world is your workplace. You'll work in a culturally diverse, stimulating environment, surrounded by new ideas and different ways of doing things. We believe in individual performance within highly professional teams supported by our distinctive values. To us teamwork means acceptance, respect, dedication and the idea that we can achieve more when we all pull together.
Living our values means competing in the market place in an ethical way so our name is synonymous with being a credible and valuable business partner. Through Constant Care and Humbleness we strive to prepare for the future, while never forgetting that our customers and competitors are key to our ability to improve. In our daily work Uprightness and Our Employees mean that transparency and accountability in everything we do go hand in hand with being an inspiring, challenging place to work. At Maersk, we take pride in hiring the best person for the job - irrespective of gender, age, nationality or religious belief. Diversity is our great strength and our continued goal, evidenced in our current work to significantly boost the number of women in senior management positions.
1.Responsible for day to day level 3 support and maintenance of the MSSQL platform. (incidents, service request, changes and problems)
2.Application/integration support for the MSSQL platform.
3.Handle P1/P2 and take responsibility to fix considering business urgency.
4.Root cause and impact analysis for all P1/P2 arising on MS SQL
5.Perform emergency configuration changes where required.
6.Troubleshooting incidents and handling service requests via Service Now in a timely manner ensuring these are within SLA/KPI's.
7.Applying critical patch updates and other security patches as and when required.
8.Take responsibility on resolution of issues and fixes. Coordinating with strategic vendor support to escalate bugs/fixes/patches into the environment, raising and tracking SR.
9.Assist in application change review those being approved for production.
10.Support pre-production / UAT / dev / test and performance testing.
11.Configuration changes related to platform for environments.
12.Responsible for knowledge updates and training, ensuring documentation is accurate and up to date.
13.Expert in supporting, performance tuning, backup and recovery methods of MSSQL.
14.Analysing issues/problems Windows & Azure platform.
15.Extended support coverage required (24X7) and on-call maybe required as part of the role for handling P1/P2 incidents.
We are looking for
- Experience with database administration for MSSQL Server 2008 through to 2017; troubleshooting and resolving database problems, performance tuning and optimisation (PTO), using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Expertise with backups, restores and recovery models. Knowledge and experience in High Availability (HA) and Disaster Recovery (DR) options for MSSQL Server would be desirable. Always-On, FCI and AG Replication.
- Experience in implementing operational automation using scripts.
- Good understanding of indexes, index management, and statistics.
- Experience working with virtualized Windows environment
- Knowledge and or experience with management platforms (SCOM/SCCM) will be considered beneficial.
- Familiarity of Service Management Tools such as Service Now.
- ITIL Foundation advantageous
- Experience with ITIL framework, especially Service Operations and Service Transition
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business requirements.
- Understanding how the database services support business processes.
- Ability to quickly troubleshoot problems that may arise.
- Ability to partner with Database Managers, Vendors and Build team engineers to identify issues and restore service as quickly as possible.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively assess the impact of an incident
- Strong communication and people skills/personal impact.
- Understanding the total cost of Supporting a Service.
- Drives the optimisation of services and ensures continuous improvement.