About the Job
We are seeking a software engineer with the ability to design and develop web applications in a fast-pasted environment. An ideal candidate will have strong database and web application programming experience, demonstrated problem solving abilities, good teamwork and communication skills, and the ability to design powerful yet customer-friendly user interfaces including RESTful APIs. The candidate should have an ability to coherently translate customer needs into Engineering solutions, a propensity to communicate across product stakeholders, and a willingness to dive deep into system components.
Software Engineers on the Media Portal team execute full lifecycle development of a multi-tier web application: requirements analysis, application design, implementation, deployment. We develop primarily in Java; the application utilizes a relational database to manage customer configuration settings, and a proprietary data store of usage data to provide reports and alerts. The team assists customer support to analyse and solve customer issues related to their area of expertise as needed.
About the team
Luna Control Center is Akamai's portal. It is the critical system that provides our customers a full range of tools, including analytics, configuration management, web services, training, support, and billing. Portal Media Team is responsible for supporting and developing reporting and analytics applications for Media and Storage Akamai products.
- Design and develop RESTful APIs
- Drive design and development processes
- Author design documents that transform MRDs/PRDs to high-level Engineering designs.
- Work with other engineering teams to identify system dependencies and work on implementations under strict product release schedules.
- Understand and incorporate other Akamai technologies to provide a scalable, stable, secure product.
- Help manage change to existing customer applications.
- Create a superb user experience focused on usability, performance, and robustness.
- End-to-end involvement on a product design, implementation and deployment.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or related fields.
- 5-7 years of industry experience in building products.
- Design and Coding skills in Java/J2EE
- Designing systems that work across a complex product.
- Experience designing outstanding web-based and/or mobile products.
- Ability to write test cases and understanding of testing frameworks
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent analytical skills, attention to detail and problem solving /troubleshooting skills.
- Highly driven, hands-on, self-motivating, self-learning team player with a great can-do attitude.