Maersk is a $30bn organization with 100,000 people that move 20% of the world's trade, and the largest shipping and logistics company in the world. We are in the process of strengthening its development services organization with a focus on driving predictability, reduced cost of ownership across the company and lowering time to value.
We are offering you a unique opportunity to help shape that journey and the future organization. As a part of this process, you will have a unique opportunity to participate in a global IT transformation program that will set the direction of the future business model for this large global organization.
We are looking for people to work on large development projects with complex IT solutions and who want to work on a major, business critical application that has a large number of users. We are looking for people to be self-motivated and have the capability to support the Digital transformation of Maersk. We need Product owners with a varied range of experience, who understand and can speak to all aspects of the software development life cycle and have experience with technical products providing high performance and high availability.
We offer an exciting and attractive career in an ambitious and challenging yet fun work environment.
The atmosphere is fast-paced, challenging and truly international with activities spread around the globe in Copenhagen, Maidenhead, Charlotte, Philippines and India. Our environment is dynamic with focus on high performance, outcomes, and respect for our employees. There will be the possibility of continuous professional and personal development and for gaining a professional and social network.
You will be the product owner in a highly engaged agile product team owning your part of the larger product that we develop in Development Enablement. The team will be working in a DevOps manner, and be empowered to take the lead on the capabilities build out for the product area you as the product owner is responsible for.
We work in an agile setup, where you as the product owner is responsible for owning the product and push the team to deliver, while the team will be responsible in delivering the right technical solution in the right quality.
You will have counterparts located in Copenhagen, and Maidenhead.
You will work out of the Bangalore office or remotely, and the job will require travel to Maidenhead and Copenhagen, in the first few weeks possible for an extended amount of time, but otherwise on a regular basis.
As the Product owner you will work as part of the Development Enablement's product management team of a few product owners and one product manager to ensure we take our CI/CD product to the next level and making it a success with our users. Our CI/CD product across many technologies to help as many of Maersk's application teams as possible but we still aim to align the CI/CD capabilities across these as "one" product.
The responsibilities of the Product Owner is to:
- Lead by example following the Maersk values
- Working with the product owners and product manager to shape the product and priorities in alignment with the wider Development Enablement's goals and strategy
- Working with the product team and scrum master to deliver the features in an acceptable quality
- Working with the application teams and other customers to ensure the features delivered meet their needs
- Working with both quantitative and qualitative data to help you make product decisions and using both to gauge features delivered have the expected outcome
- Idea creation and realisation; solving the challenges of shippable product within each sprint delivery
- Continually working on new solutions that drive team empowerment
- Working with teams to champion and teach DevOps and collaboration
- Drive the right behaviours with in the team, and outside of the team.
- Communicate with business and stakeholders on all levels
We are looking for
- A minimum of 5+ years' experience in the software industry
- Deep understanding of Agile and DevOps
- Experience working within an agile team
- Good understanding of agile product ownership and product mindset
- Experience with using quantitative and qualitative data
- Good experience in working with developers
- Experience with working on large scale global teams
- Ability to adapt quickly to new technologies and changing business requirements
- Experience in working within a continues integration and delivery environment
- Experience working with tools like Jira and confluence
- Experience in working with people that automates their work away is a plus
- Ability to partner with software engineers and testers to identify courses of resolutions
- Strong methods mindset and experience with development methods and processes
- Can clearly explain the various aspects of DevOps
- Have a very good flair for technical products
- Very strong communication and collaboration skills
- Making people understand the why of the product
- Some project management skills are a plus
- Influence people with the DevOps and Agile understanding
- Understand current and emerging technologies pertinent to the organization
- Structured and ambitious, with a highly analytical mind-set and excellent problem presentation skills
- Collaborative, with strong facilitation and people skills / personal impact
- Highly motivated and work well under pressure
- Innovative, with the ability to think outside the box
- Work with others to understand the present and evolve to future
- Fact based and outcome oriented
- Diplomatic, with the ability to act in an often-complex business environment
- Ability to travel on a short-term basis
- Strong believer in automating absolutely everything
- Excellent English verbal and written communication is a must