Paysafe delivers a full suite of payments solutions. From card issuing to acquiring; from payment gateways to merchant accounts; from fraud and risk to compliance; from digital wallets and mobile to invoicing - we process millions of transactions worldwide and we value our relationships at every point in the process.
Paysafe is a global company with a dynamic environment operating in multiple countries including the UK, Bulgaria, Austria, India, Canada and the US.
Paysafe is currently searching for an experienced Solution Architect to help us deliver the next generation of payments. Are you a self-starter who is able to solve complex business problems that result in simple, intuitive customer interactions? Are you a strong communicator, comfortable geeking out with a developer but equally at home with C level execs? FinTech is an interesting space, requiring pragmatism and innovation to succeed.
- Conceive and implement a technology solution that meets both the needs of the business and aligns with the overall IT strategy and vision
- Liaise between Client colleagues, analysts, developers, project and programme managers and other stakeholders as part of an Agile methodology
- Assess and quantify the risks associated with their design decisions
- To make visible the architecture and design; providing visibility of components models, data models, interfaces, etc. to the appropriate technical governance bodies (Architecture Review Board)
- Accountable for translating business requirements into a viable and feasible solutions architecture that can be delivered to budget, on time and to the required quality
- To identify the best solution for the particular circumstances, advocate and ensure its adoption and acceptance amongst the stakeholders
- Responsible and accountable for evaluating and recommending external products and services that will form part the solution delivery or delivery team
- Translating application requirements and business process models into component and interface specifications
- Responsible for assuring that all deliverables are built to specification i.e. they align with the agreed architecture as expressed in the Solution Architecture Description and where deviation is required the correct exception process have been followed
- Deliver prototypes associated with design proposals.
- Proven experience of successful delivery of complex, highly performing, redundant and quality software systems
- A strong technical background and a proven demonstrable record of driving forward the architectural vision and strategy within an organisation
- Experience of Agile and XP practices
- Proven experience of steering projects through the full application lifecycle
- Proven experience of working with business stakeholders, Product Owners and Business Analysts to analyse requirements, develop ideas and design solutions
- Understanding of non-functional requirements, quality assurance and continued improvement methods
- 5+ years of experience in an architectural function, min of 10 years' experience in a development capacity
- Strong hands on development is mandatory, we don't want purely theoretical 'design' contributions, we want architects who can code with the best of them
- Deep understanding of API's and all the nuances associated like security, scaling etc.
- Strong architectural documentation skill sets - being able to succinctly document the design with the use of visual aids to limit debate related to the intent of the design
- Previous experience with build versus by analysis, experience with vendor product and/or service selection
- Experience with modern architecture components/designs - some examples: AngularJS, Microservices, NoSQL,Platform as a Service / Infrastructure as a Service
- Strong messaging experience
Additional Skill set:
- Experience working in a diverse and multi-location company
- Excellent communication and influencing capabilities
- Detail oriented, high availability and metrics insight design principals
- Passionate about architecture
- Self-starter, mature leader to drive change and manage results
- Previous experience in the payments industry