Job Description :
As Territory Manager you are responsible for managing the relationship between Shell and Retailer/Dealer at site level, ensuring consistent delivery of the Shell Customer Commitment.
1) Identify Gaps in all aspects of site performance (including service and 'people') for geographical area and mandate, advice or offer Retailer/Dealers Shell-recommended tools, processes and support to help them to profitably deliver the Customer Commitment at the Retail site and to develop the business for the mutual benefit of both the Retailer/Dealer and Shell.
2) Maximizing all sales development potential whilst protecting Shell's interests, through the coaching and motivating of Retailer/Dealer
3) Manage and maintain positive Retailer/Dealer relationships, supporting them to achieve and maintain top class site performance (including counseling to underperforming sites).
- Ensure consistent delivery of Customer Commitment by managing contract compliance using the Territory Manager Site Review (TMSR).
- Coach, support and advice Retailers using the appropriate tools (thereby closing any identified gaps to the Customer Commitment)
- Manage Retailer Screening and Retailer Induction processes
- Ensuring that the Retailer trains and develops their staff, and understands the importance of People in delivering the Customer Commitment, sharing and coaching on Shell tools and processes as appropriate
- Develop and maintain a strong HSSE culture within geographical area
- Deliver agreed HSSE targets for geographical area
- Protect Shell's interest by ensuring that all HSSE standards and procedural compliance are adhered to and stakeholder relationships are managed pro-actively
- Plan and conduct site visits in accordance with Call Planning Cycle tool
- Provide counseling to Retailer on cost efficiency and site profitability
- Implementation and ongoing support of Marketing and Network initiatives
4) Deliver Sales & Operations targets for geographical area through regular reviews and appropriate action plans.
5) Ensure Retailer/Dealer implement all areas of the Customer Commitment and ensure compliance with the Site Operations/HSSE standards, contracts and manuals.
6) Manage and maintain a territory plan through planned renewals/renegotiations and acquiring new sites through prospecting.
7) Play a leading role in implementing the local retail strategy in order to secure the best possible network coverage while maximizing the shareholder interests
8) Ensuring that Dealers' and retailers actions do not damage Shell's Reputation.
9) Ensuring that the retailers trains and develops their staff, and understands the importance of people in delivering the Customer Commitment.
- Demonstration of the aspired Enterprise First behaviors (Leadership, Accountability, Teamwork) and Shell core values (Honesty, Integrity, Respect for People)
- Strong team member with excellent communications skills; and able to work within a virtual team
- Broad competence in Retail Sales & Operations
- Demonstrable competence in implementing standard processes, achieving sales targets, building relationships with Shell Retailers, delivering Retail Customer Commitment.
- Ensure volume growth according to T&R- Fuels, CR and Lubricants
- Manage 16 CO sites and 3 DO sites in the Tamil Nadu
- Smooth opening of future NTIs in the territory
- Provide new high quality leads for all platforms: CO, DO
Requirements :- Demonstration of the aspired Shell Group and Retail One behaviors (External Focus, Commercial Mindset, Delivery, Speed and Simplicity) and core values (Honesty, Integrity, Respect for People)
- Strong team member of sales and cross functional teams with excellent communication skills
- Good understanding of Retail business
- Demonstrable competence in implementing standard processes, achieving sales targets, building relationships with Shell Dealers and Retailers, delivering Retail CVP.
1. Selling and Negotiating
2. Channel Management
3. Applying Customer Value Proposition
4. Commercial & Economic Acumen
5. Value Chain Understanding
6. Managing Customer Experience
7. Retail Site Operations
8. Generating Insights
Demonstrated evidence of Enterprise first values and behaviors will be taken into account during the selection process.
Champions Customer and Stakeholder Focus
Demonstrates Self Mastery
- Demonstrate knowledge of selling techniques and negotiations skills
- Professional work style including conflict handling and building long-lasting relations
- Work according existing and new processes and standards and still be creative
- Proven ability to show initiative and self-start
- Proven track-record of persistency and maximize business opportunities
- Experienced networker (both internally and externally)
- Proven performance even at times of great change under strong pressure
Please note: We occasionally amend or withdraw Shell jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Before applying, you are advised to read our data protection policy. This policy describes the processing that may be associated with your personal data and informs you that your personal data may be transferred to Royal Dutch/Shell Group companies around the world.
The Shell Group and its approved recruitment consultants will never ask you for a fee to process or consider your application for a career with Shell. Anyone who demands such a fee is not an authorised Shell representative and you are strongly advised to refuse any such demand.
Shell is an Equal Opportunity Employer.