Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC), a global leader in cybersecurity, operates one of the world’s largest cyber intelligence networks allowing organizations, governments, and people to secure their most important data wherever it lives. Enterprises across the world rely on Symantec for integrated cyber defense against sophisticated attacks across endpoints, infrastructure, and cloud. More than 50 million people and families rely on Symantec’s Norton and LifeLock Digital Safety Platform to help protect their personal information, devices, home networks, and identities at home and across their devices.
You would be solving deep technical problems and building innovative solutions in a fast paced environment working with passionate SDE's. You will be extending and refactoring the on-premise and cloud components of our BigData Analytics Pipeline. We need someone who is experienced and would be comfortable building for the cloud – designing for five 9s, globally distributed all-active deployments, horizontal scalability, fault tolerance, and more. An ideal prospect will be comfortable learning, evaluating, and deploying new technologies. Our services are deployed in an Amazon Web Services environment, and so you will working hands on with many AWS components. You thrive in true-agile, highly paced, production facing environment. You have a low tolerance for mediocrity. You love to write code and build great stuff.
• Bachelor’s or Master’s degree Computer Science or equivalent
• 5+ years of professional related Java/J2EE experience and object oriented methodologies
• Experience with Java Multi-threading involving fault tolerant highly scalable systems
• Experience with Spring, Hibernate, messaging, Java Eco-System and libraries such as guava, log4j2
• Highly skilled in the reuse of, extension of, and refactoring of software.
• Experience in building high-availability (HA) production-grade solutions in virtualized environments.
• Practical experience in concurrent, fault tolerant, low latency, distributed, highly scalable-systems.
• Understanding of and hands on experience with the principles of designing.
• Experience designing/implementing high performance Web services using SOA/REST/Microservices
• Experience in the design/build/maintenance/refactor of large scale low latency high performance systems
• Ability to quickly learn and develop expertise in highly complex existing applications and architectures
• Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills, particularly in both production and non-production networks.
• Agile methodologies, TDD, Code review, documentation standard methodologies
• Practical experience with Linux/Unix system administration, monitoring tools and troubleshooting.
• Linux/JVM internals, containerization
• CI/CD, Automation (Ansible a plus)
We are looking for coders, people who love to code, just like one of us! You should be energetic, confident, and ready to contribute in many areas of the software development lifecycle. You may be part in all the aspects from research, design, specs, coding, and bug fixing. Our team’s focus is on writing solid code and getting high quality products and services to market as quick as possible.
• Strong analytic, problem solving, and troubleshooting skills a requirement.
• Extraordinary ability and motivation to solve problems and learn fast
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Excellent communication and relationship skills
• Distributed team collaboration
Symantec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. Symantec strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds.