Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC), a global leader in cybersecurity, operates one of the world’s largest cyber intelligence networks allowing organizations, governments, and people to secure their most important data wherever it lives. Enterprises across the world rely on Symantec for integrated cyber defense against sophisticated attacks across endpoints, infrastructure, and cloud. More than 50 million people and families rely on Symantec’s Norton and LifeLock Digital Safety Platform to help protect their personal information, devices, home networks, and identities at home and across their devices.
Overview of the Role & your Responsibilities:
This role will support the Renewal Operations team on the execution of Relicensing Compliance Audits. The Relicensing Compliance Analyst is a member of the Shared Resource Center (SRC) that supports several departments across Symantec globally. This position is responsible for pulling, preparation and presentation of data.
• Develop and maintain a holistic understanding of Symantec products, market and business environment
• Gain expertise in Symantec internal systems and reporting that supports the Renewals process (e.g., Service Contracts reporting, Install Base Reporting, Sales Force opportunities reporting for renewals, etc.)
• Understand and apply risk criteria that would indicate non-compliance to product SKUs and Salesforce opportunities hygiene
• Assist in selection of renewal opportunities targets through bulk data mining, analytics, and review of internal reports
• Validation of renewal opportunities selected for re-License compliance engagements through desk review / research; prepare targeting summaries and reports
Support execution of Re-Licensing Compliance engagements:
• Prepare audit packages, notification reports of the relicensing compliance data.
• Presentation of the results of audit to the regional sales operations leaders to define the way forward.
• Provide cognitive analysis based on the data to recommend ways to reduce non-compliance
• B.A. or B.S., preferred in Finance, Law, Accounting, Economics, Computer Science, or Management Information Systems.
• Prior experience in the field of software renewals or a related field such as Sales, Operations, Finance, etc.
• Proficient in Business Objects, Salesforce reporting and Oracle Service Contracts.
• Proficient in Advanced Excel like Macros, VBA, Pivot charts, Data Validation etc.
• Attention to detail, and ability to complete assignments deftly with a high degree of accountability.
• Outstanding communication capabilities, both written and verbal.
• Unquestionable ethics, integrity and business judgment.
• Ability to collaborate with partners like regional sales operations leaders or sales managers
• This role will require working in shifts
Symantec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. Symantec strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds.