1. Purpose of Position:
- Drive software development and quality for Point of Sale solutions
- Support global teams/North America design, development and verification
2. Key Responsibilities:
- Design and Develop software for Point of Sale - core and feature enhancement
- Port legacy code/applications and modules to new platform
- Verify and validate platform against legacy performance and full operating conditions
- Experienced in conducting code reviews
- Deliver quality applications as per company standards
- Should be able to technically guide the development team
- Work as part of a dynamic team throughout the software development life cycle
- Conduct design and code review to ensure compliance with standards
- Be a quick learner of the internal framework
- Work as SME for POS solutions.
- Help team in technical issues and work with GSO/BA SMEs for solution designs.
- Manage and own legacy code base to help team as SME.
This position will interface with the following:
- Direct: SW Lead/Manager - technical quality and delivery
- Indirect: Technical Specialists - specifications and design, Global teams - working as part of broader solution team
4. Measures of Performance:
- Quality - S1/S2 defect resolution
- OTD on delivery of tasks to ensure overall program performance
- Solution design and architecture
- SME support to the team
- Daily management discipline and responsiveness
5. Background and Skill:
- 7-10 years of experience.
- Expert in C# and C++.
- Experience in POS solutions.
- Solid grasp and fluent in common design patterns
- Knowledge of SQL databases
- Experience working in eventually consistent systems.
- Experience in Jira, Agile and Scrum.
- Experience as Subject Matter Expert for POS solutions
- Education: BE/B-tech/Master's in Computer Science or equivalent is preferred
6. Personal Trait Profile:
- The right attitude
- Strong attention to detail
- Highly independent and a self starter
- Dedicated to teamwork and collaboration
- Be a good communicator
- Actively participate in development discussions and planning
- Lead the design and architecture solutions
- Aspirations to grow as individual contributor
- Actively work with India, USA and Argentina teams to present the ideas and lead the technical discussions.
7. Scope of Responsibility:
- The proper level of performance will ensure on-time delivery of our products and features. Position will focus on software development aspect.