Finance and Accounting Process works on accounting processes from regions including America, Europe, Africa and Asia. The team has an active participation in the corporate drive for process standardization and enhancements, which has resulted in higher efficiencies, uniformity of accounting practices and quality & consistent management reporting
As an employee with Maersk GSC you will be part of a working environment as diverse as the APMM group. Maersk strongly encourages continuous learning at work and sharing of best practices by rewarding innovations. We aren't all about work, we believe in a holistic development of our employees and so regularly organize recreational activities giving our employees a chance to unwind and showcase their creative side. As an organization we strongly believe in a people-centric approach with emphasis on employee engagement and work-life balance
- Responsible for ensuring enterprise wide compliance with IFRS and APMM GAAP along with Maersk Line Headquarters (HQ) Technical Accounting for all Business Units.
- Participates in a variety of projects across the company and is resource for other work streams within the organization, including participation in the implementation of the new accounting standards
- Work with FNA training team to develop training curriculum to keep the FNA work-force up skilled with relevant accounting knowledge.
- Participates in preparation & implements of the 'Transformation Plan and Roadmap' for ATR function that aims for 'best in class' levels of End to End Service, Quality & Productivity parameters
- Complete ownership for process design for ATR keeping in mind end to end business linkages, statutory compliances, taxation, bookkeeping management accounting, for all regions & HQ
- Participates in review of and approves all process standards and deviations, if any Continuous evaluation and updation to the Process maps keeping in view process and business changes
- Represent the ATR organization in all global transformation initiatives and provides guidance, support and solutioning of necessary actions
- Supports the Financial Systems BPO and MLIT teams towards implementation of automation solutions that are in line with the current or future finance transformation process design
- Develops, builds and offers innovative services around ATR Process Improvement.
- Identifies key value drivers and defined metrics to inform performance, support decision making, and foster positive behaviour and actions
- Conclude on the project benefits and align stake-holders to project deliverables to mark start of Transition project
- Undertakes change management and customer (Centre, Region, Cluster and GSCs) engagement activities for transformation projects
- Continuous benchmarking of processes for enabling Best in Class performance
We are looking for
- Chartered Accountant / ACCA / CPA
- Hands on experience in applied IFRS and interpretations of IAS
- Proven record of interpreting complex transactions and contracts w.r.t IFRS and IAS
- Minimum 6-10 years' experience with strong & proven experience on Business Process Transformation in Finance & Accounting Process
- Ability to communicate strongly and influence without authority
- Comprehensive knowledge of multi-national bookkeeping, financial accounting, management accounting, cost accounting, business taxation, business law and accounting control
- Understanding of Accounting GAAP/IFRS guidelines.
- Basic understanding of ERP system and its dependencies
- Strong project management skills and experience in delivering migration of complex FNA activities, with involvement from the strategic stage itself.
- Experience with complex matrix type delivery models across multiple process types
- Able to consistently demonstrate & live cultural dimensions of Simplicity, Focus & Teamwork
- Extremely strong analytical skills and Continuous improvement mindset
- Strong change management skills, envisioning and overcoming obstacles while ensuring benefits are realized
Leadership: A strong communicator with a clear and concise presentation style, who can convey, with consistency, in a manner that is readily accessible and understandable to all.
Organisational buy-in: Well-developed leadership and influencing skills; must demonstrate the ability to secure buy-in at all levels within the organisation.
Best practice perspective: Well-versed in current best practice information and trends in the external market place. Understands the impact and benefits that new practices could bring to the organisation and is willing to implement changes.