In this role you will be hands-on developing highly available, real-time, event-driven solutions to continue the buildout of Aladdin's Accounting and Performance System. This position will deal with both front-end as well as back-end development that includes Java, dynamic web app frameworks like AngularJS and a host of "big data" technologies/frameworks like Apache Ignite, Cassandra, etc. Our development team ensures the system remains the premier industry solution by focusing on client experience, accuracy, product coverage, seamless integration with front and back-office systems, and the ability to automate volume through exception-based processing. As a member of the development team, you will share ownership of these goals and be expected to interact with operational and client facing teams. We offer the opportunity to work with a team of engaged professionals who strive to make quality software that is a pleasure to use in addition to the opportunity to advance your abilities while learning about financial markets.
- Develops, enhances, debugs, supports, maintains and tests software applications that support business units or supporting functions.
- Participates in the design, development and implementation of complex applications, often using new technologies.
- May provide technical direction and system architecture for individual initiatives.
- Serves as a fully seasoned/proficient technical resource.
- May have direct reports and may lead projects and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams/programmers to coordinate delivery of software application.
- Routine accountability is for technical knowledge and capabilities.
- Works under minimal supervision, with general guidance from more seasoned consultants.
- Contribute to core Aladdin library code used by hundreds of developers across the globe
20% Analysis and Design
- Provide ideas for process enhancements that will result in development projects
- Write technical documentation for planning and strategic reviews
- Understand and refine business and functional requirements
10% Production support
- Establish relationships with operations teams and streamline existing workflows to be more efficient and operationally independent
- Implement enhancements and perform maintenance in existing business operations applications, working closely with the client support teams to address issues that are escalated for resolution
- Providing support for technical and/or operational issues encountered by our partners in business operations
Qualification and Work Experience:
- Should have 4-8 years of work experience in JAVA/J2EE
Core competency requirements:
- Hands on experience on Java and Java Collections, Generics and Multithreading concept and implementation
- J2EE, Spring (ORM, Security, MVC, AOP and Integration Framework) and JPA / Hibernate
- Experience on front-end MV* frameworks like AngularJS, Angular 2
- Experience on Relational Database (SQL, PL/SQL) and NoSQL like Cassandra.
- Experience on Web services protocols like REST , SOAP and experience in developing HTTP and MQ interfaces
- Should have knowledge of Continuous integration and continuous deployment using Git/CVS/SVN and Jenkins.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law