Purpose & Accountabilities:
The FBAM will be expected to contribute to our growth aspirations through significant focus on development of new customers (bronze, silver, gold and platinum accounts) through face to face selling and strong negotiating skills, to deliver agreed margins and volumes. For acquisition of bronze customers, the FBAM will coach and lead the Direct Sales Agents. As Fleet Solution is positioning ourselves in mobility solution, FBAM needs to be able to identify customer needs in the mobility ranges. FBAM needs to manage, develop and grow a selective portfolio of high-value customers. The FBAM will cultivate partnership-based relationships with customers based on a clear understanding of Commercial Fleet range of CVPs, and knowledge of customer needs in order to deliver maximum value for both Shell and the customer.
- Focus on acquisition of new business (bronze, silver, gold and platinum) in line with CF customer strategy. Average time spent on prospecting is anticipated to be 50-70%.
Understand customers' immediate/long term needs, business models, value drivers, challenges and opportunities to tailor offers and services to capture their businesses in mobility space.
- Plan, monitor and achieve individual and team sales targets (i.e., C4+ margin, volume growth, etc.)
- Consistently apply Sales 1st Standards especially in bringing best in class structure for call/journey plan, calendar management, account plan and use of CRM tools to maximize customer facing time (8-12 visits per week)
- Manage more aggressively value growth, with a deep understanding of value generation and financial dimensions (value drivers, P&L impact of integrated offers, cash impact of business deals).
- Support the development of innovative and complex CVPs to be able to move from a supplier to a partner relationship in a value led environment.
- Gain knowledge of market development, competitors' offers strengths and weaknesses to create growth opportunities.
- Carry out price negotiations with customers, preparing quotations and proposals and agree on all operational requirements (including: price, contract, payment terms and services).
- Review & plan customer business, products, service packages, contracts, prices.
- Identify and implement Continuous Improvement (CI) solutions at Shell and at our customers' premises.
- Comply with HSSE Live Saving Rules, Goal Zero and act in a responsible and proactive way in handling HSSE matters.
Skills & Requirements :
JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE :
- Relevant Bachelor Degree/Masters is an advantage.
- Relevant sales experience or minimum 5-7 year experience in a B2B sales environment is an advantage.
- Strong commercial sense.
- Willingness to do extra mile
- Good working knowledge of the customer operation and financials
- Strong IT literacy on all Office Programs
- Good knowledge of English
- Proven/track record of competence in negotiation and dealing with external partners.
- Strong interpersonal skills: ability to manage relationships at all levels.
- Strong credibility (or proven willingness and capability to improve) in Personal and business skills.
Additional Information :
Field Account Managers will report to Sales Team Lead.
KEY CHALLENGES :
- Secure our future value and competitive position in a challenging environment.
- Collaborate virtually with relevant partners who are typically off-shore.
- Sustainable delivery of our promises day in day out.
- Ability to influence without authority.
- Delivery through other functions of the business and/or through self-help functions for the customer (allowing the Account Managers to have their focus on sales).
- Lead, coach and develop the Direct Sales Agents team to acquire and undertake account management of bronze customers
- Where necessary, invest in customer education about new products: fuel card (for the segment currently using cash) and mobility services
- Manage the risk of Credit
- Pro-active role in Lead generation and Prospecting, in the absence of central lead generation agencies.
- Managing customer relationship during the phase of migration from current platform to the new B2B platform.
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS :
This is a P&L role with exciting development opportunities to establish a new business in a growing market for fuel cards and home base opportunities. The position presents a unique opportunity for outstanding candidates to access the retail business and further develop their career within Retail and beyond.