- Candidate will deliver technical solutions to problems identified and make architectural recommendations along with process conformance for incident, problem, change management, and compliance.
- Provide 24/7 support to circumvent critical incidents causing potential business impact and provide timely updates to leadership.
- Drive the resolution of problems by identifying the root cause and implementing architecture/code fixes.
- Analyze the existing technology environment and architecture, to develop technical/architectural recommendations to improve system/application performance and lead improvement implementation.
- Collaborate with business users and technical SMEs in order to analyze, triage, and creatively resource product development and enhancements for loads into operational data warehouse.
Minimum Qualification :
- Position requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems, or a related field, followed by 5 years of progressively responsible experience with design, development and testing of large ETL-Ab Initio applications.
- Experience with SQL performance tuning and optimization, as well as Shell scripting is required.
- Must demonstrate experience driving intermediate and large-sized projects with ETL coding and database design utilizing Ab Initio in Unix, DB2, Teradata, or Oracle environments.
- Experience with application development methodology (Agile etc) is required.
- Experience with developing applications in the financial services or banking industry is required.
Preferred Qualifications :
- Working knowledge of DevOps and experience with monitoring, logging, alerting tools [Splunk, ELK/Kibana, Dynatrace One]
- Experience in big data platform & technologies [Spark, AWS, Hadoop, Pig, Hive etc.]
- Prior experience with Amex Interactive Applications and Agile Methodology will be a plus
- Certification in ITIL and PMP will be a plus.
- Hands on experience in monitoring tools like Splunk, Dynatrace, ELK/Kibana would be a plus.
- Prior experience in payment platforms will be a plus.
This role may be subject to additional background verification checks.