This position offers the unique opportunity to develop and apply your cutting-edge knowledge of software and platform development related methods and tools to create results and insights that will accelerate the transformation of our business model, and to work with business specialists across Maersk Group.
Maersk Digital team is committed to extracting patterns and insights from data by the application of domain expertise, tools and technology, and is specialized in machine learning and AI based digital solutions development. The team is at the forefront of developing industry leading digital solutions & applications for the organization.
This is an extremely exciting time to join a fast paced, growing and dynamic team that solves some of the toughest problems in the industry and builds the future of trade & logistics.
At A.P. Moller - Maersk we focus on the individual's development and the right candidate will have broad possibilities to further develop competencies in an environment characterized by change and continuous progress.
As a Software Engineer with the Maersk Digital team, you will help build applications and develop cloud platform working on both front end and back end technologies using various programming languages and development tools for the end users to use for their business needs
Your responsibilities will be to:
- Work with the stakeholders to understand business needs
- Must be well versed with different approaches of developing applications, cloud platform and solution architectures and should be able to architect an "easy-to-deploy" scalable solution
- Draw program specifications, developing solutions, conduct testing at various levels
- Troubleshoot issues with applications on-premise or on-cloud
- Possess good understand of SQL and should be able to write optimized SQL queries
- Possess good understanding of Cloud principles and should be able to apply them while building solutions
- Partner with IT teams, DevOps teams, businesses and internal/external stakeholders as necessary
Who we are looking for
- A total of 5-10 years of industry experience with at least 5 years of experience in building scalable cloud applications
- Engineering or a Masters in Computer Science or related field
- Experience in technologies/frameworks such as: Java, python, Go Lang, Spring, Spark, Hibernate, PostgresSQL, Docker and K8S
- Experience in writing microservices and using AWS/AZURE cloud platform
- Experience with Digital Platform development.
- Tools used: Eclipse/Intellij, GIT, JIRA, Confluence, Maven, Jenkins, GIT/ Bitbucket (Source Version Control).
- Good Familiarity with Agile / Scrum practices; a good team player, balanced with the autonomy and motivation to produce individually
- Willingness to build on and experiment with cloud platforms, in addition to our own services