Are you looking to join a team that builds foundational infrastructure and tools at a large scale? Are you passionate about security, scalability, and availability? Do you want to be a part of an emerging DevOps culture that values quality and speed?
Within the Transactional Services Operations Team, we’re all about inspiration, challenge, collaboration, innovation, and having a say in what you do. Through our energy and passion for delivering highly reliable systems to our customers, we empower Expedia’s brands to deliver best-in-class experiences for booking travel.
We’re looking for a Senior DevOps Engineer to help us build and enhance our foundation of stability and operational effectiveness. The right individual will embrace the opportunity to tackle challenging problems and use their influence to drive continual improvement. They will also work on the cutting edge of technology, leveraging Kong, ECS, Lambda, Elasticsearch, Docker, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Ansible, Splunk, AppDynamics, and more.
What you’ll do
- Help our team grow with strong technical leadership, mentorship, and coaching.
- Design innovative services that solve complex infrastructure problems at scale.
- Build foundational tools that enable teams to operate their services safely and securely.
- Develop best practices and solutions that ensure operational excellence and use your influence to drive adoption across software teams.
- Provide support and consultation for service/network architectures, production incidents, and operational activities.
Who you are
To thrive in this role, you need:
- 7+ years of relevant work experience.
- A record of continued growth with ever-increasing responsibilities in previous roles.
- The savvy to communicate effectively to all audiences, from executives to engineers.
- A collaborative spirit with the ability to work across disciplines to influence, learn, and deliver.
- A demonstrated ability to lead, coach, and mentor others.
- A deep understanding of computer science, software development, and networking principles.
- Extensive experience with Linux administration and engineering.
- Experience building Continuous Delivery solutions with tools such as Jenkins, Chef, Ansible, etc.
- Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services (AWS) and/or other relevant Cloud Infrastructure solutions like Microsoft Azure or Google Cloud.
- Travel and/or other e-commerce experience is a plus.
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.