We are a global professional services firm that makes business transformation real. We drive digital-led innovation and digitally-enabled intelligent operations for our clients, guided by our experience running thousands of processes for hundreds of Global Fortune 500 companies. From New York to New Delhi and more than 20 countries in between, Genpact has the end-to end expertise to connect every dot, reimagine every process, and reinvent companies' ways of working. Our focus is to make sure we have the right set of people delivering what we promise. People who think with design, dream in digital, and solve problems with data and analytics. People who obsess over operations, focus on the details, and lead change by being curious, incisive and courageous in everything they do-on a foundation of unyielding integrity.
We are Genpact. Transformation happens here. Come, be a part of our exciting journey!
In this role, you will be responsible for ensuring a mutually beneficial and sustainable commercial relationship between Genpact and its clients.
You will operate as an expert in the commercial management of business transformation and business process services contracts with our client base, focussed in one of our four industry verticals.
You will work with colleagues in finance, operations, relationship management, transition, legal, quality, compliance and other related teams. Your role will report jointly into the relevant vertical Chief Operating Officer and the global Commercial function.
- The CCM is responsible for the integrity of the commercial relationship between Genpact and its clients throughout the relationship life-cycle, starting with the handover from pre-sales and legal during transition, and continuing through the service delivery, change request management and renewals stages of the relationship.
- Of particular importance will be ensuring that contract obligations and risks are managed and mitigated effectively and proactively. In addition, you will work with Genpact operating leaders and relationship managers to identify and deliver revenue assurance opportunities across our portfolio of client contracts in your assigned vertical.
- The CCM will also serve as a commercial advisor to the operating teams, providing direct assistance, coaching and infrastructure to enable the efficient and effective management of change requests and renewals across the client portfolio.
- The CCM will also operate as a leading member of the global Commercial team, and will be expected to contribute to the development of reusable assets and tools enabling the consistency, effectiveness and productivity of the commercial team across the Genpact verticals.
- The CCMs performance will be measured against KPIs including revenue assurance, customer experience, contract compliance, internal productivity and internal client satisfaction.
Skills and Experience:
We are looking for candidates who can display high levels of performance and competence in a CCM or equivalent role whilst serving with a leading global provider or customer of outsourcing, transformation and digital services. We are interested in candidates who can demonstrate the following:
- Experience of negotiating and managing business process and managed services contracts and schedules, either on the buy-side or sell-side. In particular managing and mitigating contract risks and obligations, change requests and revenue assurance.
- Strong ability to review services contracts and change requests to identify risks, obligations and opportunities.
- Knowledge of relevant Genpact service domains e.g. finance and accounting, sourcing and procurement, supply chain, order management and IT services.
- Understanding of relevant Genpact services types of work e.g. consulting, outsourcing, analytics and digital.
- Financially literate: very good understanding of management accounting, in particular pricing models, profit and loss, balance sheet and cashflow.
In addition, candidates must also demonstrate high levels of performance and capability in the following general business skills:
- Articulate and effective communicator. Highly proficient in written and oral business communication to senior colleagues and clients.
- Ability to establish credible relationships and influence clients and colleagues within a matrix organisational environment.
- Good planning and organisational skills. Able to manage multiple priorities and demands. Strong attention to detail, driven, well-organised, flexible.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Access).
- Experience of using leading contract lifecycle management tools e.g. iCertis, Apttus desirable.
- Undergraduate degree from credible university, with degree in law, accounting, economics, commerce or other related commercial discipline.
- Must have relevant postgraduate business experience.
- Strong track record of performance, delivery and innovation in complex international working environments.
- Postgraduate or professional qualifications in law, accounting or related commercial disciplines.