Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC), a global leader in cybersecurity, operates one of the world’s largest cyber intelligence networks allowing organizations, governments, and people to secure their most important data wherever it lives. Enterprises across the world rely on Symantec for integrated cyber defense against sophisticated attacks across endpoints, infrastructure, and cloud. More than 50 million people and families rely on Symantec’s Norton and LifeLock Digital Safety Platform to help protect their personal information, devices, home networks, and identities at home and across their devices.
This is a phenomenal time to join a diverse team at Symantec, the world’s leading cyber security company. Symantec has a great opportunity for a Full-Stack Cloud Architect who will function as a Cross-team Leader of cloud application design, architecture, and development. We are seeking a polished, enthusiastic, and professional engineer to support the Endpoint and Data Center/Cloud Workload Security product engineering group. In this role, you will architect, build and enhance our cloud-based products and cloud platform. To be successful in this role you must be passionate about cloud and web technology and have the ability to provide senior-level technical leadership within a multi-disciplinary development team across geographies. You will design, coordinate and monitor all aspects of product and feature implementation on our cloud stack across multiple technology platforms and disciplines. You will also provide support and mentoring to team members.
Working across various geographies and product offerings, this role will shape the designs, security models and longer term strategic directions of the Endpoint and Data Center/Cloud Workload Security product offerings.
We are looking for an experienced engineer whose strong technical skills in design and implementation are combined with communication and mentoring skills. In this role, you will deliver world class security products while shaping the skill sets of large groups of engineers.
What you will be doing:
• Responsible for overall architecture and design for Endpoint and/or Data Center/Cloud Workload security solutions
• Responsible for designs that are optimized for SaaS delivery
• Provide thought and technology leadership in the Endpoint and/or Data Center/Cloud Workload security portfolio
• Working with other Technical Directors and Architects to shape long term strategic platform capabilities
• Work closely with Product Managers and Engineers to help develop quality products, testable designs, and scalable solutions
• Mentor and lead technology and skills development for various engineering teams
What you bring with you:
• MS in Computer Science, Software Engineering or equivalent combination of Training & Experience
• 10+ years related experience with large scale SaaS or cloud application/service development
• Experienced in building production-quality software on AWS including designing for high availability, multi-zone and multi-region architectures, and designing across appropriate data layer technologies.
• Familiar with various cloud development application stacks such as Java, Spring Framework, Spring Boot, C#, .Net, etc.
• Configuration, development, and deployment experience in two or more of the following:
• AWS PaaS technologies such as Aurora, DynamoDB, Neptune, SQS, API Gateway, Lambda
• AWS Analytics technologies such as Elasticsearch, Athena, CloudSearch, Kinesis, Apache Kafka, RedShift, SageMaker, QuickSight
• AWS IaaS technologies such as EC2, S3, EBS, ELB, VPC, Route 53
• Deployed applications with Web UI frontends
• Deployed application with RESTful/JSON services interfaces
• AWS certifications a definite plus
• Firm grasp on cloud security, demonstrating Linux and Windows operating systems, using the AWS console and CLI (command line interface).
• Excellent verbal, presentation and written communications skills.
• Strong team skills including the ability to lead and be a great teammate.
• Understanding of and practical experience with the principles of designing and building production quality REST APIs
• Excellent Software Engineering skill set including full secure development lifecycle
• Strong Security knowledge and experience for both endpoints and Cloud platforms
• Excellent communication skills and ability to convey key technical concepts to others
• A real passion for both technology and people as the role combines responsibilities not only for the technology but the engagement and understanding of the technology by the broader team.
Symantec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. Symantec strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds.