Symantec Corporation (NASDAQ: SYMC), a global leader in cybersecurity, operates one of the world’s largest cyber intelligence networks allowing organizations, governments, and people to secure their most important data wherever it lives. Enterprises across the world rely on Symantec for integrated cyber defense against sophisticated attacks across endpoints, infrastructure, and cloud. More than 50 million people and families rely on Symantec’s Norton and LifeLock Digital Safety Platform to help protect their personal information, devices, home networks, and identities at home and across their devices.
• Operations, Administration and Troubleshooting of Data Center Network . Part of the 24X7 Network Operations team responsible for Configuration, Support and Problem Resolution for Data Center network equipment Responsible for Performing maintenance & problem isolation on network infrastructure.
• Partner with with Network Engineering team, and Various IT teams and end users in resolving issues/problems in Data Center.
• Work with External Vendors, log tickets, TAC cases and follow necessary processes to solve issues in given SLA's Follow ITIL process (Change management, configuration management , TTO , Root Cause Analysis and Problem Management ).
• Work continuously on Service improvement process for Data Center Network Operations support.
• Work within required SLAs for the business and provide regular and frequent status updates.
• Participate in War Room sessions initiated by the Command Center to drive critical issue resolution.
• Willing to be on-call at any time due to the nature of the position.
• Ensure that knowledge is retained through documentation of procedures and knowledge-base articles.
• Bachelor or Masters in Computer Science or equivalent 8-10 years of networking industry work experience.
• Relevant Certifications on Cisco like CCNP-R&S , CCNP-DC , CCIE-DC, CCIE-R&S
• Must have Solid understanding of modern Data Center design, medium/high skill level in networking concepts. Working knowledge of Cisco Nexus Switching platform is necessary.
• Experience with Cisco Data Center (Cat switches 6500, 6509, 6513, ASA firewalls, F5's , Nexus, Routers 3745, 7200, 3600, 3800), supporting Data Center routing and switching.
• Must have knowledge of Three Tiered application environments.
• Experience on Cisco Application Centric Infrastructure ( ACI ) would be highly desirable.
• Should possess Strong technical knowledge of the data center and its components: Applications, Storage, Network, Server and projects surrounding their planning, design, implementation, operation, and optimization.
• Experience with Cloud and Virtualization technologies is a plus.
• Knowledge of various network Management tools such as Netbrains, Solarwinds , Cisco Works, MRTG, Opsware and Network Analyzers, etc.
• A familiarity with EM7 Science Logic monitoring and Service Now systems is a plus
Symantec is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and accessible environment for all employees. All employment decisions are based on merit, experience, and business needs, without regard to race, color, national origin, age, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth or related medical conditions), genetic information, disability (physical or mental), medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, military or veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state, or local law. Symantec strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based on such protected characteristics and seeks to recruit the most talented candidates from diverse cultures and backgrounds.