Purpose of Position:
The Project Manager is responsible for Planning, Managing, Monitoring, Reviewing and Reporting of projects as assigned by project management team of Gilbarco Veeder-Root. In this role PM manages a team of functional people assigned to his/her project to deliver the projects on Quality, Delivery and Costs.
- Deliver the Projects as per the targets assigned on Quality, Delivery and Cost.
- Deliver and manage projects by following APD (Accelerated Product Development) of Fortive Business System.
- Coordinate internal and external resources associated with the delivery of assigned projects
- Manage project budget allocation for assigned projects, including preparation of financial status reports for the PMO and functional leaders.
- Coordinate with Cross Functional Team such as Product Management, Engineering, Sourcing, Procurement, Operations, Reliability to deliver Quality, Delivery & Cost targets for assigned projects to be a focal point of contact and to ensure all relevant policies and procedures are adhered to.
- Manage multiple projects covering scope of electronics, mechanical & Hydraulics aspects and with the team spread globally.
- Coordinate with Global Product Management & Global Engineering for signoff on project scope.
- Develop a Master Project Plan as per the APD with detailed Weekly action plan, detailing the resource and time committed for the assigned project.
- Develop the Cost targets as per the Business Plan and in line with the Business requirements
- Investigate and negotiate change proposals with relevant stakeholders.
- Periodic Monitoring of projects to ensure that milestones and performance indicators are met as per the agreed time frame.
- Direct and coordinate the development of strategies to evaluate the effectiveness of implemented project outcomes and provide advice on remedial action.
- Manage the expenditure of project budgets and prepare associated financial summary reports for members of the steering committee and functional leaders.
- Conduct Alpha and Beta Trials in Field for Product validation as per APD process.
- Responsible for ensuring the Activities right from Project Initiation to Project Launch.
- Prepare project status reports and other reports required as per project management methodologies of FBS
- Reports to: DGM-Global PMO
- Design Engineering / Product Management / Operations / Sourcing / Reliability - Direct
- Representatives from Global Regions - Indirect
- Cross functional team of Product Platforms
Education & Experience:
- Graduation: BE Mechanical / Production / Electronics
- Post-Graduation: Preferred ME/ MTech Or Project Management
- Certifications Required: PMP / PgMP Certified
- Total Experience in Years: 10-14 Years
Background and Skills:
- The ideal candidate will have New Product Development experience in commodities such as Hydraulics, Die Cast Parts, Sheet Metal, Plastics etc.
- Knowledge with Microsoft Business Software (e.g., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Project 2010)
- Strong Communication skills - both verbal and written, ability to correspond between multiple Gilbarco Locations & facilities.
- Self -Starter
- Demonstrated ability to plan, lead, and execute technical development projects with cross-functional teams.
- Training in PMI (Project Management Institute) methodology and eventual certification in CAPM/PMP is a must.
- Understanding of corporate and project finance.
- Domain (Preferred Industry) - Consumer & White Goods, Die Casting Industry, Automotive, Hydraulic Pumps, Valves.