- Responsible for the quality and implementation (supportable, maintainable, scalable, performant, secure) of your own work
- Participation in the elaboration of user stories (technical and functional). Agree stories are sufficiently described for their implementation, verification and delivery.
- Working collaboratively; pairing on tasks, peer review of team members' code and constructive feedback for improvement in both the code base and team capability (blame free feedback)
- Keeping builds green by writing testable and tested code
- Active participation in retrospectives to make continual improvements within your team
- Technical support during release activities and to resolve live issues
- Ability to manage your own task progress and communicate issues to product management and testers
- Good critical reasoning and analytical skills; takes ownership and sticks to the problem until it is solved
- Having a can-do attitude and being comfortable with tight delivery deadlines and managing priorities
- Customer-focused, whether responding to support queries or developing new features and functionality
- Ability to work independently and with others in a team environment
- Solid written and verbal communication skills. Able to articulate technical issues to peers
We are looking for
- Experience of microservice development using JAVA 8 + and SpringBoot framework in a commercial setting.
- Experience of reading and writing to a NoSQL database in JAVA. Ideally Cassandra.
- Experience of accessing other APIs from your code.
- Experience of writing tests using unit tests and mocking frameworks
- Experience of delivering fully tested small incremental change with a SCRUM process
Nice to have
- Experience working with Docker, Kubernetes and Jenkins
- Working with Kafka data streams
- Working with and contributing to open source projects
- Using API gateway products
- Experience developing APIs for developer communities
- Experience using Continuous Integration (CI) / Continuous Delivery (CD) systems for deployment
- Knowledge of Test Driven Development (TDD)