Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities.
- Ensure the designs of business processes are (1) in line with global standards, (2) scalable, (3) aligned across functions
- Provide the necessary governance and oversight to ensure processes are operated compliantly, ensuring that there is constructive and effective governance of service delivery quality from the outsourcing partners
- To be accountable for the clear definition of any change in the Finance GSM and to provide direction to outsourcing partners over system enables and or enhancements to process design
- To ensure the ICF is correctly represented within the design and to leverage SOX & Compliance experts to ensure proper definitions
- To hold the governance and approval authority in order to ensure consistency with GSM process, and implementation of best practice processes.
About this Job:
- Work closely with the Fi-P Leadership to benchmark Syngenta processes and to recommend changes that will bring improvements in efficiency and effectiveness
- Multi-Dimensional Role: Provides an opportunity to design/reengineer/validate finance & procurement processes along with managing governance and influencing outsourcing partners
- Involves multiple stakeholder management across boundaries
- Ensure that the functional business processes are designed to be operated compliantly
- Ensure that the business processes managed by outsourced partners are operated compliantly
- Ensure changes to business process are delivered in a way that adheres to Syngenta standards
- Ensure the consistent application of process standards and intervene directly where standards are not being met
- Ensure the compliance of projects within approved process and system standards
- Support strategic planning for major changes to processes and provide specialist knowledge to enable change to be defined
- Take accountability of all small changes to processes
- Conduct independent assessments of processes to identify areas where compliance must be strengthened
- Ensure the solution architecture is aligned with business process design and these meet guidelines and frameworks
- Keep track on the latest industry trends for BPM and for the relevant functional area
Essential Knowledge & Experience:
Functional Competency: Business Process Governance and Process Policy Management - Can define process steps in an end-to-end.
- Assesses impact of a change on an existing business process coming from a new project or tool/system implementation.
- Ensures compliance of processes within approved process and system standards.
- Applies Lean / Six Sigma principles to improve processes.
- Ensures that Business processes run by outsourced partners are run compliantly.
- Is able to do Process discovery and modelling minimal support and in virtual environment
Leadership Competency: Stakeholder Management (Internal & External), Change Management
- Good Inter Personal Skills: Ability to partner with internal & external stakeholders
- Able to influence stakeholders both internal as well as external.
- Ability to do impact assessment for the change for an end to end process.
- Helps process owners understand opportunities for Process Improvements.
- Ability to work virtually and across cultural boundaries
- Independently support Projects for Finance, Procurement and IT
Critical Knowledge required:
- Year of experience: 7 to 12 year experience working with Finance and Procurement processes (e.g. A2R, FP&A, Invoice Management, Credit Management, Banking, Treasury, Procurement,)
- Good Understanding of relevant international accounting standards/ principles, including IFRS, US, GAAP, SOX & Compliance
- Good Understanding of Business Process Management and Value Stream Mapping
- Good understanding of end to end Accounting to Reporting particularly manufacturing accounting, Inventory management, Product Costing.
- End to end knowledge of functional processes that impact on Finance and Procurement activities.
Must have worked for 3+ years in SAP
University degree (Bachelors) in a commercial/ business. Must Be Chartered Accountant
Fluent in English, both orally and in writing
International experience working with large multinationals
Ability to travel
Work well in open office environment