- To help ensure BlackRock is regarded, and continues to be regarded, by regulators and peers as a company with high compliance standards
- Actively participating in business decisions to champion our clients' interests and assist the business to translate Compliance into their daily work
- Have client interests at the center of everything we do
- Help in building a strong compliance culture within BlackRock
- Developing and fostering excellence within the Compliance team
BlackRock Compliance function is looking for an experienced compliance professional as a team lead primarily focusing on the following areas:
- Provide advisory to business and employees on policy and procedural matters relating to various Compliance policies.
- Ability to assess risk and conflict of interest by following the policies and procedures.
- Providing training across the various Business Groups in India on related Compliance policies and procedures
- Promote Culture of Compliance in India office by assisting in conceiving & implementing a robust compliance program
- Effectively monitor & track policy adherence by employees & identify key compliance risk themes in close collaboration with the Core Compliance team
- Deliver focus trainings to employees to bridge the gap between employee understanding of core compliance policies & improve adherence to the policies
- Closely work with Regional Compliance Officers to acquire strong knowledge of Licensing regimes in different APAC countries
- Identify employee's in-scope of licensing regimes in different APAC countries & establish initial contact to kick start the Licensing process.
- Advising employees & business functions on Licensing requirements while timely responding to employee inquiries related to Licensing
- Ensure timely submission of License application & drive engagement with APAC regulators to ensure timely issuance of Licenses
- Identify synergies between Licensing processes of different countries & drive efficiencies by leveraging technology
- Create and maintain accurate departmental records, desktop procedures and other supporting materials
- Generate quarterly reports of Licensed Representative for board meetings & reconciliation with Business heads
- Participate in regional compliance calls, initiatives and projects. Work with the Compliance colleagues from other BlackRock offices to ensure global best practice and consistency.
- Play a key role in supporting the transition and centralization of Compliance processes in India.
- Support Adhoc projects and initiatives allocated by the manager.
- Understand the regulations in India from SEBI and RBI on foreign investors (including) BlackRock which applies on our global funds making investments in India. Including interpretation of these and working with other groups within Compliance like (Regulatory Review) and PCG to implement any investment and threshold monitoring rules in Aladdin.
- Review of operating events and RCI's in close collaboration with Country Compliance officers in APAC to assess any regulatory reporting obligation.
- Understanding of regulations in various APAC jurisdictions, laisse with Country Compliance officers to assess operating events from Compliance perspective.
Given the large number of regional Compliance processes which are being handled in India, this role assumes significant importance. The candidate has an opportunity to be involved in global and regional initiatives and will receive on the job training, acquiring product knowledge and exposure to multiple cross border legal and regulatory requirements.
- Post graduate degree with 5-6 years of relevant team handling experience for a financial industry in Compliance function.
- Experience in asset management or investment banking environment.
- Preferably into Compliance functions with prior experience of understanding Indian regulations in financial sector with skills to have strong office wide engagement to drive Culture of Compliance.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to work well in a team based environment and interact and communicate effectively - written and verbal - with senior personnel, clients and other stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills with ability to motivate and work with the team to get the best desired output for the function and the organization.
- Strong understanding of regulations including the interpretation and application.
- High standard of accuracy and eye for detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and other system applications
- High proficiency with Excel and ability to manage data
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Strong attention to detail, data analysis and problem solving capabilities
- Proactive and self-motivated with a "can do" attitude and an ability to use own initiative.
- Ability to work independently and autonomously on multiple projects/initiatives
- Having Data Interpretation and Analytics skills will be an advantage
- Ability to interact with employees at all levels and work with multiple teams and colleagues across geographies in a matrix driven organization
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability, veteran status, and other statuses protected by law