Gainsight is fast growing tech company revolutionizing Customer Success for businesses. The Customer Success company helps businesses grow faster by reducing churn, increasing upsell, and driving customer advocacy. Gainsight provides a complete, end-to-end Customer Success solution through its services and technology. The industry-leading platform helps companies manage customers relationships effectively, track customer health and transform the way organizations orient around the customer. Gainsight is the platform of choice for many leading companies like Box, Adobe and Workday. The company has been recognized as one of the top 100 private cloud companies in the world by Forbes, one of the fastest growing private companies in America by Inc. Magazine, and as one of 20 Great Workplaces in Tech by Fortune Magazine. Gainsight's CEO, Nick Mehta, has been recognized as one of the Top SaaS CEOs in America. The company has offices in California, Phoenix, St. Louis, London and India.
As an Associate Director at Gainsight, you will manage two critical teams:
1. Client Success Managers who drive adoption and value with customers through executive discussions, best practice sharing and training as well as direct configuration.and ensure customer contact through the life cycle
2. Technical architects implementing the Gainsight solution for our customers.
The ideal candidate will have SaaS and enterprise software delivery background. Typically a seasoned customer advocate and Solution Architect with ability to mentor, coach and develop other team members. Must have experience in business objectives for customer, driving adoption, scoping projects, managing risk, tracking project metrics and financial management. The candidate will utilize their technical expertise to improve the technical implementation methodology. They must also understand customer use cases, system and data integration, and solution design tailored to driving value with customers.
The candidate should be willing to travel to client locations in US or other locations as needed.
What You'll Do
- Effective and efficient communications up to management, customer, customer executives and with the team; know the best communication method for the audience as well as the subject.
- Accountable for metrics like gross retention, adoption metrics and NPS in Client Outcomes and revenue, bookings, utilization and P&L in PS
- Ability to mentor and motivate technical resources. Experience with the product industry strongly preferred.
- Manage, coach and enable the teams to deliver business outcomes and quality experiences at scale in Customer Success and Professional Services.
- Develop technical team members into strong client facing people
Ensure strong Engagement + Relationships with senior client executives
- Build relationships with customer executives and sponsors. Be a trusted advisor among internal and external constituents (up to C level) based on program management, product and industry knowledge.
- Manage customer escalations and red accounts directly with executives at the customer
- Must demonstrate thought leadership in Customer Success Management best practices
Continuous Improvement + Cross Functional collaboration to solve client issues
- Work closely with Engineering and Product Management in resolving product related implementation issues.
- Drive standardized documentation - on our technical implementation methodology, Technical design on projects completed, fill gaps in migration
- Optimize communication and ensure effective knowledge transfer and hand-offs to support post implementation.
- Familiar with how to define and sell new PS service offerings.
- Design and deliver value-added strategic consulting offerings.
What We're Looking For
- B Tech/ M Tech or equivalent
- Technical background with Customer Success, Enterprise Architecture, BI, data/system integration, CRM, EPM or other software in an Enterprise environment
- Industry leader and proven track record 2+ years of experience managing multifunctional, large enterprise teams as Associate Director of Service; overall 15+ years of software/IT experience.
- Demonstrated success in delivering quality implementation as measured by key metrics, such as NPS, etc
- Demonstrated success in scaling and profitably growing a professional services business focused on predictable implementation.
- Demonstrated success in scaling and profitably growing a CO team
- Track record of successful solution delivery.
- Strong project management, organizational management and people management skills.
- Proven track record of hiring high performing Professional Services team.
- Excellent trouble-shooting and problem solving and risk management skills.