Finance & Accounting, a core function of a business that requires talents to manage business accounting from its basic entry to analytical process upto sophisticated financial reporting. We require people with career development-oriented to join this profession
As an employee with Maersk GSC you will be part of a working environment as diverse as the APMM group. Maersk strongly encourages continuous learning at work and sharing of best practices by rewarding innovations. We aren’t all about work, we believe in a holistic development of our employees and so regularly organize recreational activities giving our employees a chance to unwind and showcase their creative side. As an organization we strongly believe in a people-centric approach with emphasis on employee engagement and work-life balance.
Process understanding and improvements
a.Should be conversant with the business processes, Cost booking, analytical review, and financial reporting.
b.Review SGNA invoices and payment process. Monitor payments and highlight issues of incorrect and double booking of the invoices and payments.
c.Perform critical and analytical reviews of the SGNA cost.
d.Proactively Identify potential leakages and process loopholes resulting in incorrect posting of invoices, delay in posting and payment related issues.
e.Ability to provide solutions to process issue and suggest permanent solutions/ improvements to address them and working with BPOs to fix them.
f.Ability to work in IT environment, legacy systems as well as new technology adoption
g.Highly motivated to understand the process & advise innovative solutions
h.Knowledge of business warehouse will be an added advantage in improving the financial and management reporting for an effective management review and financial close.
i.Good drafting skill of Standard Operating Procedures and other documents which act as guidance for the ATR
j.Sound accounting knowledge, working knowledge of IFRS will be an added advantage, ability to put logical accounting views before senior stake holders and explain the basis, calculations, and conclusion on accounting decisions.
k.Communication with the organization emphasizing the drive for standardization & adherence to set controls.
We are looking for:
• Qualified Chartered Accountant, or CPA or ACCA or MBA from premiere institute
• Minimum 5-8 years’ experience with large, global, multinational organizations
• Working knowledge of SAP: FI (GL & CO), Reconciliation tool, good at Excel and other MS Office apps.
• Able to consistently demonstrate & live cultural dimensions of Simplicity, Focus & Teamwork
• Good team player and someone willing to work beyond known boundaries of capabilities
• Communication: A strong communicator with a clear and concise presentation style, who can convey, with consistency, in a manner that is readily accessible and understandable to all.
• Influencing: Highly developed influencing skills; must demonstrate the ability to secure buy-in at all levels within the organization.
• Best practice perspective: Well-versed in current best practice information and trends in the external market place. Understands the impact and benefits that new practices could bring to the organization and is willing to implement changes.