About the Job:
The Engineering Manager is focused on delivery of critical capabilities to customers. The function's goal is software delivery, retention, people management, stakeholder management. In this role, you will use your background in software delivery, program management and project management to help evolve our cloud security capabilities, moving them from concept to implementation that best leverage Akamai's strengths. You will drive business value, innovation, develop strong stakeholder relationships, and contribute significantly to SDLC and operational excellence.
About the Team:
Enterprise Security Portal is Akamai's integrated web interface into products, services, and platforms sold to our enterprise customers. This is our customer's doorway/connection to all things Akamai, allowing them to manage and monitor their Akamai products, interact with professional services and support staff, or integrate Akamai data into their environments. Working with this team is a unique chance to get a sneak peek on the Internet industry and will give you a unique chance to glimpse into the technical and business aspects of Akamai's Enterprise Security model that is moving enterprises towards a Zero Trust Solution. Enterprise Security Team works on extending the solutions into the customers enterprise to provide enterprise access and security solutions.
- Deliver quality software at a fast pace to customers
- Work with peer engineering leaders across geographies to deliver on a combined vision
- People management - manage a team of various senioritis, including principal engineers and managers
- Work closely with Product Management, Product Architects, release management and DevOps to bring products to market.
- Customer support on critical issues.
- Be comfortable in a matrix management structure
- Some travel required.
- 8+ years of relevant experience and a Bachelor's degree or its equivalent, masters' degree preferred
- At least 3 years leading teams in a manager/ senior manager role
- Deep understanding of Networking and Web application development technologies
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams (engineering, QA, release management, network operations, product management, professional services, etc).
- Strong organizational and leadership skills, and the ability to drive the day-to-day activities of internal resources.
- Demonstrated ability to quickly grasp new technologies.
- Must be action oriented, capable of multi-tasking well, and able to thrive in a fast-paced team environment
- Knowledge of Internet and/or Media technologies (DNS, HTTP, streaming, web servers, etc.) a strong plus.
- PMP certification a strong plus
- Expertise with Microsoft Office and Google products
- Knowledge of JIRA and other Program Management tools