We are Access Engineering team -- part of Enterprise Division of Akamai. Our mission is to provide Next Generation Access solutions to enterprises which are integrated with Identity and world class Akamai platform. Enterprise Access product provide access, authentication, analytics systems, and other value added services to enterprises. Combining these capabilities with Akamai global network provides a huge value to enterprises not only in the improved user experience but also security. Akamai Access Team is seeking an experienced full stack senior software engineer to build new products and enhance existing products. We build and enhance proxies, load balancers, authentication systems, single sign on systems, two factor systems, big data analytics systems and scalable backend systems. These products and services are used by end users on a daily basis to get their work done.
- Build new and enhance products and services for Next generation Access Solutions.
- Design, develop, validate, maintain, release, and operate Python and/or Go backend application.
- Take complete ownership of the project from design to implementation and to deployment.
- Collaborate with Product Management and rest of the engineering team to deliver the products and features.
- Conduct design and code reviews.Work with QA and Operations team to test and deploy code into production.
- Proactively tackle and solve hard problems with high success rate.
- Participate in SCRUM team planning, and technical meetings.
- Support and continuously improve release and deployment pipeline.
- Seeks to obtain necessary training required to complete assigned tasks.
Required Skills and Education:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 5+ years in full stack/backend engineering roles.
- 1+ years of experience using RDBMs such as PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- 1+ years of front end technologies like AngularJS, ReactJS, HTML5.
- 3+ years of experience in designing and documenting systems, including writing and reviewing code and automating away problems within your team's domain.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Experience working in Linux environment(we use a mix of Ubuntu and Amazon Linux),.
- Willingness to partake in an on-call rotation alongside the engineers who build our production backend.
- Comfortable with large scale production systems and technologies, for example load balancing, monitoring, distributed systems, and/or configuration management.
- Database (RDBMS & NoSQL) schema design.
- Willingness to learn new technologies.