About the Job
As the Software Engineer II, you will work in a global environment and provide significant individual contribution to the enterprise application integration efforts. You will own the responsibilities of module development end to end. You will come up with innovative solutions for business problems and will implement them successfully.
Candidate should be able to understand the domain and should be able to analyze data and issues with respect to the business requirements.
About the Team
The Netstats team is part of the Platform & IT Division which is responsible for development and operation of the world's largest and most advanced, cloud-based platform for securely distributing and accelerating web content, enterprise applications and video. We process and distribute terabytes of data to assist in varied internal and external applications. Our data is consumed internally by the forecasting, billing and COGS teams at Akamai and externally by our customers to monitor their services with Akamai. The team consists of high-caliber business systems analysts, project managers and software engineers.
* Design, document and implement full solutions according to Business Requirements
* Strong computer science fundamentals in data-structures and algorithms
* Strong knowledge of OOP and REST design principles
* Familiarity with distributed systems, asynchronous messaging
* Integrated applications with designing database architecture and server scripting, studying & establishing
* Take ownership of assigned tasks and plan own time to ensure project milestones are met
* Profile server resource usage, and optimize and tweak as necessary
* Communicate with senior technical management as well as collaborate with peers and business users in a dynamic environment
Why should you join us?
1. Getting to work with a team that is building next generation real time statistics Engine @Akamai
2 Getting to work on distribution of terabytes of data .
3 Getting to work on Dockers and Kubernetes
- Creation of a highly scalable and self-service driven data engineering and data analytics platform for a large volume data system
- Design and development of applications across various programming environments such as Big Data, Distributed system and API integrations etc.
- Ability to work in multiple programming languages such as Python, SQL, Scripting etc.
- MTech/ME/BTech/BE in Computer Science or related field
- 3+ years' industry experience in developing applications on python
- 3+ years' experience working in Unix and Cron scripting
- 2+ years' experience of working with Dockers and Kubernetes
- Excellent communication skills
Good to Have
- Experience with Airflow
- Experience with MemSQL
- Any experience in Distributed data systems
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data.
- Experience with Agile development