Akamai's NetStorage team is looking for an experienced Scrum Master and Release Engineer In this role you will be working with the scrum teams as a Scrum Master to use Agile Scrum practices and values in their execution. You, along with other release engineers, will also be responsible for the design and development of builds, scripts, installation procedures, and systems including source code control and issue tracking.
About the team:
The team is responsible for developing and maintaining Akamai's NetStorage solution - the largest, globally distributed storage solution on the market. NetStorage is an essential element to scaling Akamai's high-quality delivery and media workflow solutions. Providing reliable storage that is dedicated to the transfer of content in a secure, persistent, and geographically replicated method to enable digital content optimization and flexible data transfer.
As a Scrum Master/Release Engineer you will:
- Lead, coach and guide teams as a ScrumMaster
- Guide the team on self-organizing to be effective in executing in the Agile/Scrum methodology
- Assess the Scrum Maturity of the team and organization and coaching the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization.
- Supporting the Product Owner, especially on grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Administer NetStorage releases on an on-going basis.
- Work with Engineering, DevQA, SQA, release team to managing scheduling, milestones for the release end to end
- Improve release build process toward continuous integration.
- Track release deployment progress.
Required skills and Experience
- 2+ years' experience as Scrum Master software teams executing in Agile/Scrum methodology
- Strong skills and knowledge of different agile methodologies and experience in guiding the team on how to get the most out of executing in Agile/Scrum model.
- Good knowledge of various well-documented patterns and techniques for implementing scrum methodologies (example: burndown technologies, various Retrospective formats)
- 3+ years of experience deploying applications and defining the release lifecycle.
- 3+ years of experience with release engineering and software development lifecycle in a Linux/Unix/Windows environment.
- Strong experience with source control management systems such as Perforce and/or GIT.
- Strong experience with release management and tracking tools such as JIRA, Bugzilla, Jenkins, Confluence etc.
- Strong experience with scripting languages such as PERL, Python
- Excellent verbal/written skills.